2024 Draft: 3rd Pick - Connor Clattenburg (F)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I’m never in favour of overagers they just have less space for development than first timers. I’ll give it time though as any pick
I’m okay with overages if they had great seasons or something, like Anthony Romani. But like 0.5 ppg in your draft +1 is not worth a pick imho. These are the guys who you end up signing to ECHL deals as free agents.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Overager, low offence. Ceiling is 4th liner. Meh. 5th round pick. Wasn’t ranked this year.

Literally 2 picks after Vancouver picks a guy who is younger and scored 111 this year in the same league. Oof.
Seems like a wasted pick tbh. I feel like players like him are always available to sign when they're 20.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I don’t understand the theory of drafting players like this no matter the round. Low likelihood of any player picked here turns into anything regardless, but still frustrating.

Feel like I’m in a time machine and went back to 2003. Only thing missing is he doesn’t play in the BCHL and we aren’t hearing about how we have to “draft and follow” him.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Yeah this one's a head scratcher from the outside. Hopefully whichever scout was high on him looks like a genius in a few years.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He has quite a few on hockey fights site.. genuinely seems like an agitator type, not a great fighter. Sticks up for team mates. It's a 5th round pick but it still seems like a bit of a waste.
Thanks, I just watched them all. Seems like a shit disturber type that can hold his own against most players. Not sure if the offense is there at all but he's tough and a PITA to play against.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Seems a low skill, end of roster character player. Traded with 5 other assets at the OHL trade deadline in the wrong side of a quantity for quality deal. Wee bit of a production bump in Flint.

Gavin Hayes for Connor Clattenburg, Alex Kostov, & Four Draft Picks from the Flint Firebirds​

Seems a reach for an organization with shallow picks and prospects in this window phase. Would rather bet on centre and defense options with scoring upside here than character, low league production. But haven't seen the player so guess we'll have to find out.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Thanks, I just watched them all. Seems like a shit disturber type that can hold his own against most players. Not sure if the offense is there at all but he's tough and a PITA to play against.
Yeah you can tell the kid likes to stir the pot. Have to be willing to take on that role, but you have to be able to play. It's a 5th but still would have rather picked someone with more talent. Anyways, the kid gets one more year to round out his game in junior.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad