Prospect Info: 2024 Draft (2/33): Igor Chernyshov (LW) | Dynamo Moscow (KHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Chernyshov has so many great pro habits already playing against men, hopefully he doesn’t lose them playing against kids again. If it weren’t for my (potentially irrational) fear of him getting strong-armed into signing, I’d honestly rather he play another KHL season.

Maybe Halttunen is the blueprint? One year CHL, one year AHL, then compete for the NHL seems reasonable for this kid.

Haven’t looked too closely at the CHL import draft order, but hopefully he lands somewhere good like Halttunen.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I wonder if this is a similar situation to Halttunen (goes to CHL) or if Chernyshov goes to the AHL.

Chernyshov has so many great pro habits already playing against men, hopefully he doesn’t lose them playing against kids again. If it weren’t for my (potentially irrational) fear of him getting strong-armed into signing, I’d honestly rather he play another KHL season.

Maybe Halttunen is the blueprint? One year CHL, one year AHL, then compete for the NHL seems reasonable for this kid.

Haven’t looked too closely at the CHL import draft order, but hopefully he lands somewhere good like Halttunen.
It’s about 30-35 picks in and he still hasn’t gone.

Reactions: barriers

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
If a prospect like Kulich can go straight from the draft to the AHL and seemingly perform fine, I don't see why Chernyshov can't.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I mean it’s not that he can’t. It’s that it’s not the Sharks MO to gift him an AHL spot.
Apart from Celebrini and Smith, who will obviously never play in the AHL, we haven't had a forward prospect as good as Chernyshov in a long time.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Apart from Celebrini and Smith, who will obviously never play in the AHL, we haven't had a forward prospect as good as Chernyshov in a long time.
Yeah that’s just not true. Unless you mean that played in the AHL? Even then Eklund is a far better prospect than Chernyshov.

CHALUPA

Oct 9, 2008
San Francisco , CA
How does that not feel like gifting it to him? If he’s not drafted to the CHL, as far as I’m aware that means there’s no plan B.

Sorry probably should have elaborated rather than just posting a one-liner lol.

From the Sharks’ perspective, the Cuda are a pro team where they assign prospects to develop. If they think he’s ready for that league they should assign him there.

If he’s overwhelmed, wouldn’t the ECHL also be an option?

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Yeah that’s just not true. Unless you mean that played in the AHL? Even then Eklund is a far better prospect than Chernyshov.
In hindsight Eklund probably should have played on the Cuda in his D+1 season. But at least he had a guaranteed top line role waiting for him on Djurgarden. Chernyshov would be hard pressed to get more than 4th line minutes in the KHL this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad