2024 Draft - 1st Pick: Sam O'Reilly (F)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just watched an 18 minute youtube clip of his. Seems hard working, skilled, goes to the dirty areas and he has good vision. Seems like a solid pick because there's lots to work with. When I first started watching he reminded me of Hyman, then as it continued I started getting ROR types of vibes. Not the flashiest or fastest but just a damn good hockey player.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Apparently if they trade the 2025 1st, it just defers to 2026 so they do have the 2025 1st at their disposal if they so choose to use it.
If that's how it actually works. I'm fine with it. We need to spend again at this years TDL.

Go find the interview Pracey did with Gregor yesterday. The guy sounds brilliant. Will wait and see I guess.

I don't think that's accurate.
Is Gregor's radio interviews available online?

Reactions: McTonyBrar

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wonder what (garbage) teams they cheer for? Doubt they're fans of the team that actually has the right to chant such stupidity, more than likely fans of teams that the Oilers dunked on in the playoffs or that didn't even make the playoffs at all
They were Vegas fans. They boo'd the shit out of Dallas when it was their turn too with Dallas sucks.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Correct. The 25 pick is gone, unless it’s top 12 and we still have our 26 pick.
So essentially, it only defers to 2026 if it's top 12.
Ok then, they can still trade the 2026 pick in that case. I really like what I'm reading about O'Rielly so I'm ok with it, we need more advanced prospects in the coming years.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hmm well let’s wait and see what this kid has got. I like the fact that the new staff is willing to pay the price to get their guy though.
I like the conviction too. If they feel like they have a hidden gem here, then put your balls on the line and let's see.

Sounds like this kid was a high riser throughout the year. Trajectory is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad