Prospect Info: 2024 Draft (1/1): Macklin Celebrini (C) | Boston University (NCAA)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Since Winnipeg didn’t get a first for McGroarty, maybe that first pick tomorrow could be a great piece because of the talent still available.
To be fair, they could trade McG for a 2025 pick. I've been suggesting that Big Money Mike offer up, in a worst case scenario, the 2025 2nd for McG. (best case imho is 53 + 85 tomorrow).

Reactions: DG93

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
To be fair, they could trade McG for a 2025 pick. I've been suggesting that Big Money Mike offer up, in a worst case scenario, the 2025 2nd for McG. (best case imho is 53 + 85 tomorrow).
I’m feeling that after today, Grier should make this happen. This kid is only 20 and near NHL ready. We can really use that.
I really hope he comes here.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I’m feeling that after today, Grier should make this happen. This kid is only 20 and near NHL ready. We can really use that.
I really hope he comes here.

There's even a case to be made to trade the VGK 2025 1st. The case being that you are trading an unknown for the known. Whoever you draft with VGK 1st could be a bust. But if your own scouts think McG is NHL ready now and good, it makes sense to pull the trigger.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024

Nice beat

Just realized who Macklin's doppelganger is
dirk-benedict-a-team.jpg

I love it when a plan comes together

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I kinda feel like from his standpoint, he was a fan, but when you get drafted to a team, I’m willing to bet that all of your focus is on your job and winning for the organization that believes in you. I gotta say, he seems like the kinda dude that takes loyalty seriously and takes winning seriously. I wouldn’t worry about the canucks thing. He’s a Bay boy now:D he’s gotta know he’s loved and adored literally all around the Bay Area. He’s instantly a star athlete in the Bay Area and that’s a big deal.

hotcabbagesoup

Save us Celebrini!
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He's a pro now. All the questions going forward are going to be about him coming to the Sharks because that's what he's doing and how everything in the present is going.

He was never going to win whatever he says in my eyes.

Q: Who do you model your game on, Macklin?

A: Kesler (Booooo!)

A: Oh wait wait, I actually love Crosby (ughh boooo Crosby I hate that guy after the Stanley Cup)

A: No wait, I model my game after Tomas Hertl (he's dead to me...)

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
He was never going to win whatever he says in my eyes.

Q: Who do you model your game on, Macklin?

A: Kesler (Booooo!)

A: Oh wait wait, I actually love Crosby (ughh boooo Crosby I hate that guy after the Stanley Cup)

A: No wait, I model my game after Tomas Hertl (he's dead to me...)

The winning response:

A: Mike Grier.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay