Prospect Info: 2024 Development Camp

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Sennecke needs a lot of weight, and has clearly never been tasked with the defending without a stick drill thing, but he’s pretty remarkable with his speed and stick handling.
Yep, it's a drill that teaches you that when your feet stop moving or you concentrate on the wrong things that players torch you real quick. Cronin's anti-cheat.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Watching the Sharks professional broadcast of their prospect camp. Their scrimmage is in their arena today and 17K people are apparently in attendance.

Ducks, get your shit together.
getting the #1 pick helps elevate things quite a bit too. if the ducks had drafted celebrini or bedard last year i'm sure the event would've been a lot more hyped up than it has been and attendance would've been larger

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It was in the AHL team arena which seats 4k and was about 75% full
Gotcha. Came in at the tail end of the interview and that was the number. :dunno:

It was more the fact that it was a professional stream, and I assume well advertised, vs the Ducks being happy to let a YouTuber take care of it, whose work is appreciated, but whose commentary is…not professional level.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
getting the #1 pick helps elevate things quite a bit too. if the ducks had drafted celebrini or bedard last year i'm sure the event would've been a lot more hyped up than it has been and attendance would've been larger
Nobody even knew if people were allowed in today.

There’s zero reason for the Ducks to not be streaming things.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

For the most part, I believe regular season practices have been open to the public since PV took over. Now Bob was a real ass about it. Most practices were open at the old facility but for some reason, when the new one opened Bob kept the public out except for specific occasions.

You would think ownership would be more clued in to things like this. I could understand closing practices during the playoffs, but when you have a crap team and you want to hang on to the fans you have, treating them like Bob did makes no sense.

llamanby

Mar 19, 2006

Even more credit to the sharks as they sent out links to the local youth hockey players for tickets at $22 for the game. Given the extent of the ducks youth organization, they could have packed that place.

This is probably the stat that you heard and thought it was attendance. They just posted that over 20k people were streaming it.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

ocslug

Jul 3, 2024
Orange County, CA

Basically every practice is open to the public. I live near Great Park and it's nice to just pop in from time to time and see practices or individual workouts. This is a pretty open franchise and everyone is pretty accessible, especially in the Verbeek era. Gives it a small town feel.

Some will say this is all a consequence of being garbage for six years, but OC being a smaller market, with less deranged fans than an O6 franchise probably helps.

Reactions: Ducks

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I do really wonder if they vision him at center. Would not mind tbh.
I think they pretty much vision him on Carlssons wing tbh

Im actually curious if they even flirt with the idea of Gauthier at center over mctavish/Zegras... tho it seems like they want him to play on Carlssons wing also.

Again in 2 years(give or take) on paper Gauthier Carlsson Sennecke could be a very dominant top line.... 3 above average size players that skate well and have a ton of skills... you could even say skills that compliment each other well. Biggest issue is how the rest of the line up fills out... really hoping Colangelo can be a good compliment 2nd line winger and we can give Zegras- McTavish- Colangelo a look at the end of the season or next year.

Reactions: Rasp and lwvs84

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Basically every practice is open to the public. I live near Great Park and it's nice to just pop in from time to time and see practices or individual workouts. This is a pretty open franchise and everyone is pretty accessible, especially in the Verbeek era. Gives it a small town feel.

Some will say this is all a consequence of being garbage for six years, but OC being a smaller market, with less deranged fans than an O6 franchise probably helps.
The issue was it was a federal holiday. People expect things to be closed.

Reactions: ocslug

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
20240705_114039.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad