2024 Development Camp

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
It is a shame about the streams - but if I remember right, when we got the streams a couple of years back, it wasn't exactly the greatest stream ever. These streams on the previous page look like there's some actual production behind them with zoomed cameras and everything. I don't think we had that last time? (Or maybe if we go back long enough it was there and I just started following when it was already on its last legs...)

It's not the end of the world but it's stuff like this that they should put a little effort in to start growing the brand more, and build the buzz for the diehard fans/season ticket owners. Heck, they could offset some of the money by making it part of the season ticket plans, or provide some extra through that.

puckgoalnet

Feb 23, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site

Would love to see this kid get a chance. Plays big minutes for a good program. I think he's lead his club in shots blocked nearly every year. Not a big scorer, but seems like a kid who loves to play D ... and has the size for it.

I'm going to have to go back to my tapes of when they played Michigan twice at the beginning of last year and see if he sticks out.

Reactions: pierre richard

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Would love to see this kid get a chance. Plays big minutes for a good program. I think he's lead his club in shots blocked nearly every year. Not a big scorer, but seems like a kid who loves to play D ... and has the size for it.

I'm going to have to go back to my tapes of when they played Michigan twice at the beginning of last year and see if he sticks out.

For a lot of our next tier LD coming up, I think they're more likely to be used as trade bait. That goes for Svozil, who has NHL tools but still looks like he hasn't seen the inside of a gym. Guillaume Richard, if he's developing a strong defensive game, then that's a guy I hope we keep.

We have too many offensive D. Look at what Vancouver is doing - they really popped as a team when they put Hughes and Hronek together on the one offensive pairing, and then they have two pairings of giants that play gnarly defense.

puckgoalnet

Feb 23, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site
For a lot of our next tier LD coming up, I think they're more likely to be used as trade bait. That goes for Svozil, who has NHL tools but still looks like he hasn't seen the inside of a gym. Guillaume Richard, if he's developing a strong defensive game, then that's a guy I hope we keep.

We have too many offensive D. Look at what Vancouver is doing - they really popped as a team when they put Hughes and Hronek together on the one offensive pairing, and then they have two pairings of giants that play gnarly defense.
Couldn't agree more!

Looks like that's what Wads was looking for in the draft too. Still a few years away, but comforting to see that he came in and immediately saw that as a glaring weakness.

My gut tells me Guillaume tops out in the AHL, but you never know. Kid has heart and plays a gritty game.

Reactions: pierre richard

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I wish there had been more scouting/development reports of Richard over the course of his college career because I've only seen one Providence game per year and I don't quite understand what could explain the moderate production and the big drop he had in his D+2. Every time I watch him I see good hockey IQ and projectable two-way D tools but the numbers don't seem to reflect that. Doesn't he get any PP time, is there a lack of offensive support or what is it?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Disappointing there’s no stream. The downward trend of broadcasting development camp is sad to see. I understood the last few years due to Chiller North’s restrictions, but there’s no excuse this year. Not only did there used to be a stream every day, including the scrimmage, they used to do way more detailed videos recapping the day and even including some player interviews. Maybe next year
Last I checked this is still a team using Zoom to broadcast conference call on Youtube in only 720p on Youtube. They really need to upgrade their networking team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad