2024 Development Camp

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I wouldn't say that, how many teams have a dedicated live look at their camp? Genuinely asking because I have no idea.

But in the year 2024, installing and having a dedicated video system should be a no brainer, that's something that could benefit the ice Haus as well...
All I’ll say is the jackets used to do a livestream every day of development camp with Bobby Mac and Jody on the YouTube channel. Not sure why they went backwards in recent years (last two years are explainable due to the renovations at the ice haus and the layout of chiller north).

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Privacy concerns would be the most serious factor for me. You don't want to throw a bunch of teenagers into a reality-show type of environment. Privacy lets the coaches be more candid with them when they need some work, it's less of a PR event and can be more instructional.
Fair, but development camp (from what I know of it) the most important stuff is actually the off ice things they teach them. And for the most part, that is away from the cameras. The on ice stuff is just general camp stuff, and being introduced to the cameras and the fans is in itself a lesson in being a pro. But it’s not a huge deal.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Soooo he's not fully healed then?

This would have been his only heavy physical contact as a player between early April and September.

So even if he's feeling great, do you want him going three months without heavy contact, or five+ months just to be sure?

It doesn't feel like devo camp is important enough. I'd take the five+ months.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
This would have been his only heavy physical contact as a player between early April and September.

So even if he's feeling great, do you want him going three months without heavy contact, or five+ months just to be sure?

It doesn't feel like devo camp is important enough. I'd take the five+ months.
I mean I'm fine if he needs more time, it just would have been nice to know that he's not actually 100% before camp.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I mean I'm fine if he needs more time, it just would have been nice to know that he's not actually 100% before camp.

With this sort of injury I think you can feel pretty good and the doctors think you're probably 100%, but the extra time can certainly help make sure of it.

Reactions: CBJx614

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
You're saying Lindstrom did the battle drills?

How'd he look?
Yes, Lindstrom was playing in the small area games the whole time. He looked good! Set up Elick for the game winner of the battle drill for the Blue team and sent white on a quick bag skate as punishment.

Wasn't throwing any hits around but seemed fine using his body for positioning.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Horrifyingly stupid. I think I got a picture of my grandson at pre school like this...someone needs fired or a talking to.

Id demand a trade!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad