WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Confirmed: Boston is allowing Pastrnak to join the team: Potvrzeno. Pastrňák může na MS! Klub ho pustil. Čeká se na oficiální punc

EDIT: Sorry, just saw that it's the same article under that headline. But this board does not allow you to delete posts.
The way to delete a post is hillarious around here... you have to erase everything and write 'delete' an then a mod will eventually delete it. I think you have to pay a subscription to be able to delete it yourself.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Ester Ledecka is czech snowboarder and alpine skier. At the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, Ledecká won gold medals in the super-G in alpine skiing and in the parallel giant slalom in snowboarding. She was the second woman ever to win an Olympic gold in two separate disciplines but the first to do so at the same Winter Olympics.
View attachment 873184
GOAT

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
With Zacha and Pasta, I'd make it like this:

Palat - Zacha - Pasta
Cervus - Necas - Kase
Kubalik - Sedlak - Stransky
Beranek - Kampf - Tomasek/Flek

Cervus can change with Necas as center of course.
Vozenilek and Kondelik are out.
Assuming they don't PK or PP1 then it makes sense. The PP should have our NHL guys all over it. Unfortunatley, some players we like are about to lose a job or 2.

So, if this happens, I'm curious who coaches keep in bottom 6 because a lot of times a PK guy will keep their job over an offensive guy. I think Necas and Zacha are also strong PK guys. Kampf is a wizard at it.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1716130093560.png

I'm still not sure if this is 100% official though.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
My suggestion is

Pasta Zacha Necas
Cervenka Sedlak Kase
Palat Tomasek Kubalik
Beranek Kampf Stransky
Flek

This way we keep 2 good lines together. Let the big boys figure it out. However, I don't know if Kondelik or Vozelnik do special teams. If they are just 5 on 5 then they are the easiest to cut.

My dream scenario is different but it messes up all the lines.lol

Cervus Zacha Pasta
Palat Necas Kase
Sedlak Kampf Kubalik
Flek Tomasek Stransky
Beranek

PP has Zacha, Necas, Pasta, Cervus and Spacek
PK has Necas, Zacha, Gudas and I'm not sure which D has done the most PKing

Swipes

Ice Hockey World Champions 2024!
Apr 13, 2010
My suggestion is

Pasta Zacha Necas
Cervenka Sedlak Kase
Palat Tomasek Kubalik
Beranek Kampf Stransky
Flek

This way we keep 2 good lines together. Let the big boys figure it out. However, I don't know if Kondelik or Vozelnik do special teams. If they are just 5 on 5 then they are the easiest to cut.

My dream scenario is different but it messes up all the lines.lol

Cervus Zacha Pasta
Palat Necas Kase
Sedlak Kampf Kubalik
Flek Tomasek Stransky
Beranek

PP has Zacha, Necas, Pasta, Cervus and Spacek
PK has Necas, Zacha, Gudas and I'm not sure which D has done the most PKing
I like your dream scenario best. Better to spread out the NHL skill and have Necas on one line and Zacha and Pasta on another. The lines will be messed up a bit anyway with 3 new players joining.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I like your dream scenario best. Better to spread out the NHL skill and have Necas on one line and Zacha and Pasta on another. The lines will be messed up a bit anyway with 3 new players joining.
It spreads out the talent and our 3rd line would be a 1st line on EHT easily. Tonnes of speed, creativity and goal scoring in our top 6. I assume the guys on the 4th line can also PK and I know Stransky would be PP2. Tomasek has been excellent on draws and Flek/Beranek can absolutely fly. I could even see them chip one in.

But, it completely undoes what the staff has been doing for 6 games. And the coach has done a great job and has all the lines rolling. Curious to see what roster looks like against Canada.

Reactions: Swipes

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
It spreads out the talent and our 3rd line would be a 1st line on EHT easily. Tonnes of speed, creativity and goal scoring in our top 6. I assume the guys on the 4th line can also PK and I know Stransky would be PP2. Tomasek has been excellent on draws and Flek/Beranek can absolutely fly. I could even see them chip one in.

But, it completely undoes what the staff has been doing for 6 games. And the coach has done a great job and has all the lines rolling. Curious to see what roster looks like against Canada.
Yes, it's going to be interesting to see how they balance keeping what works and incorporating Pasta and Zacha.

I'll try to tune in for the Canada game, as I'm curious to see how we can do against them. Looking forward to it.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
My lines
Červenka. Zacha. Pasta
Kubalik. Sedlák. Nečas
Palat. Tomášek. Kate
Beránek. Kampf. Flek

Scroll all the way down
Oh, and I love it.. I'd personally switch Palat with Kubalik. Palat is a better player. Just my 2 cents though.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Lol I whould toooo. But nikes are hard to get u know. It whould have to be team issued or game worn. So I got to get a King Jakub Flek jersey
Try ebay, something sometimes comes up there.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Yikes for us. Pasta is a game breaker. I had us ranked over you when the tourney started. Adding Pasta to the line up changes everything though. Guy can straight up decide games. That OT game 7 gwg vs the Leafs was a thing of beauty. So hot right now.

Reactions: Swipes and Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yikes for us. Pasta is a game breaker. I had us ranked over you when the tourney started. Adding Pasta to the line up changes everything though. Guy can straight up decide games. That OT game 7 gwg vs the Leafs was a thing of beauty. So hot right now.
Your D is still better but I like out G and F more now. I hope we don't meet but we are probably your easiest quarter. Swiss are damn good. So are the Canucks. Finn's are Finn's.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Good news.. all we have to do to finish first is beat Canada in regulation. Amazingly a win in OT and we could still finish third. Finn's may be desperate and then beating Swiss clean would also help out cause a lot of finishing 2nd.

I absolutely cannot shake the image of us playing US in quarters. We have definitely avoided Sweden.

Reactions: Goodman68

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Good news.. all we have to do to finish first is beat Canada in regulation. Amazingly a win in OT and we could still finish third. Finn's may be desperate and then beating Swiss clean would also help out cause a lot of finishing 2nd.

I absolutely cannot shake the image of us playing US in quarters. We have definitely avoided Sweden.
Yeah, wanna avoid US in the QF....

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
I'm afraid US in the QF is the most realistic outcome at the moment unless we ride high after Pastrnak arrival and pull an upset.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
The CZE vs. US in the Quarterfinals is the most probable outcome because it is "almost always" the QF game since virtually ever. But on the serious note, it can as well be Germany or Slovakia. It is impossible to predict now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad