WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Haha. Its just for my own maps of rosters. Not that he was any good ;p Tichacek and Rychlovsky should have been there. Hopefully some of Pasta, Zacha, Necas, Jiricek will come in the end.
4 players to come .. only 3 spots left if I am correct ... so even if all are avaible we are not counting with one of them .. who will it be? I bet its Zacha :D

Reactions: Summer Rose

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
4 players to come .. only 3 spots left if I am correct ... so even if all are avaible we are not counting with one of them .. who will it be? I bet its Zacha :D
I hate to be that guy... But those 3 players will be two guys you don't like and maybe 1 NHLer

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
The PP for tomorrow

1715306404565.png

I like Kubalik a lot. I do think he's better than Zadina. However, here are the seasons...

1715306479512.png

1715306507296.png

One of these guys is on PP1 and one of these guys was unfit to play.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
And Canes down 0:3 cmon Necas, he would lift my excitement for this team by 100%, last time he was in NT was 2018, he never played for NT since he joined NHL

That would be exciting player to watch
It's funny because he has been quoted as saying 'if we lose, I will get on a plane to Praha the next day'. However, he's RFA and about to sign his biggest contract of his career. Usually, those kinds of players don't show up. And, to be honest, we've always accepted that.

Curious what he does. I'd love to see it. I still remember him almost killing himself when he collided with the Slovak goalie in OT. He was an absolute bojovnik :cool:

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
It's funny because he has been quoted as saying 'if we lose, I will get on a plane to Praha the next day'. However, he's RFA and about to sign his biggest contract of his career. Usually, those kinds of players don't show up. And, to be honest, we've always accepted that.

Curious what he does. I'd love to see it. I still remember him almost killing himself when he collided with the Slovak goalie in OT. He was an absolute bojovnik :cool:
Unless he got somehow injured in the PO (would totally expect that given out luck lol), I believe he will come. He dont need to worry not getting a new contract.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

I am more and more thinking there were some pressure from Hadadmczik about the nomination and who to bring.

For example a lot of traction is getting an opinion that he personaly doesnt like Vrana, so cutting him could have been some "order from above" idk.

Rulik didnt sound exactly thrilled when he was announcing the lineup lol.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I am more and more thinking there were some pressure from Hadadmczik about the nomination and who to bring.

For example a lot of traction is getting an opinion that he personaly doesnt like Vrana, so cutting him could have been some "order from above" idk.

Rulik didnt sound exactly thrilled when he was announcing the lineup lol.
I maintain the behind the scenes stuff is unknown to us but, to me, it is clear there are agendas we don't know about. Like if Rulik has an HF poster... he'd be shitting on his own roster.lol

It does have a Hadamczak feel to it for sure. Keep in mind I hate Hadamczak so my bias may be skewing my views.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I maintain the behind the scenes stuff is unknown to us but, to me, it is clear there are agendas we don't know about. Like if Rulik has an HF poster... he'd be shitting on his own roster.lol

It does have a Hadamczak feel to it for sure. Keep in mind I hate Hadamczak so my bias may be skewing my views.
Cutting NHL players in favor of average ELH guys, that has Hadamzcik written all over it lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
And Kubalik just had a kid born, so he may miss todays game. Vrana now laughing his ass off on vacation lol

Thank god we have Lenc ready to step up lets goooo

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice

Rulík is definitely no "Hadamczik's puppet", as some Czech fans tend to claim. He is widely known as a very confident coach who believes his own ways of how to arrange things. Sometimes this may not be the best way, as he really dislikes players talking back to him or not fully respecting his every word. He's definitely much more on the authoritarian side of coaching than the "coach-buddy" approach. Of course this may be an issue for some players.

I still have quite a belief in him. He is a man who understand the game like a few do. He clearly has a successful coaching career behind him. He will always prefer a player who is fully committed to his game plan and can execute his detailed instructions over an extraordinarily skilled player who is a bit of "free thinker" both on and off the ice. That's simply his style, he is not going to change. Sometimes this approach works, sometime not, but it has been working most of the times for him so far.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
And Kubalik just had a kid born, so he may miss todays game. Vrana now laughing his ass off on vacation lol

Thank god we have Lenc ready to step up lets goooo
I've read he will be there! But he had less points than zadina this year in the NHL. Less goals too. I love kubalik. I was fine with zadina being cut but it makes no sense. Don't even get my started on lenc... Who I always enjoy on the EHT.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Rulík is definitely no "Hadamczik's puppet", as some Czech fans tend to claim. He is widely known as a very confident coach who believes his own ways of how to arrange things. Sometimes this may not be the best way, as he really dislikes players talking back to him or not fully respecting his every word. He's definitely much more on the authoritarian side of coaching than the "coach-buddy" approach. Of course this may be an issue for some players.

I still have quite a belief in him. He is a man who understand the game like a few do. He clearly has a successful coaching career behind him. He will always prefer a player who is fully committed to his game plan and can execute his detailed instructions over an extraordinarily skilled player who is a bit of "free thinker" both on and off the ice. That's simply his style, he is not going to change. Sometimes this approach works, sometime not, but it has been working most of the times for him so far.
We will see monday night how well he did. We must have at least 6 points by then

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Bitching aside.. doesn't look awful. Really impressed Spacek as 7d.

Like dostal starting... Hope this puts Mrazek against Canada.

I think we lose... Wish, if this was the plan, that we had tried this at the Brno games to give them some familiarity.

Hoping Kampf ends up with Kase eventually. He does have two good goal scorers on his line.

Anyone know if Tomasek is good at being a C?

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Bitching aside.. doesn't look awful. Really impressed Spacek as 7d.

Like dostal starting... Hope this puts Mrazek against Canada.

I think we lose... Wish, if this was the plan, that we had tried this at the Brno games to give them some familiarity.

Hoping Kampf ends up with Kase eventually. He does have two good goal scorers on his line.

Anyone know if Tomasek is good at being a C?

Necas coming may push Beranek out of the lineup and it will look even better, Pasta, Zacha coming and the attack would actually look amazing lol .. but we will still severly lack in the D .. Hajek and Krejcik are not even close a WCH level, and Kundratek, Kempny have their best behind them already

Assuming we wont get Jiricek, not taking Tichacek could cost us very much and I stand by it

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
My thoughts..

They win was key to help us advance to quarters and maybe avoid Sweden/US. Maybe... lot of games to play.

Dostal was amazing!

Loved Kampf.
Sedlak, Cervus and Tomasek had good games.
The D did very little for me but I did enjoy seeing Spacek get some ice time. I'd keep him at 7 though.
The reffing was a bit odd to my liking.
Sateri was very good but I do worry about our finishing.
Kampf with Kase please

We have a long history of winning a big game and then f***ing up the next one. Get Mrazek in there and expect a very close and low scoring game!

Go NYR go!
When is the Jiricek announcement becuase he'd be Top 4 easy and PP1.
I don't love Krejcik and have no idea why he is on top line. I don't get Flek in OT at all. He is fast but he can't score.

Reactions: martygod12

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
What a game. Dostal was so gooood 👍😜

But I'm surprised how bad Kubalik is this year. And not only today (I know ... baby etc.) but he was completely lost in Brno too. From best czech forward last year to worst player this year ...

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
I'm impressed - such a disciplined and composed Czech effort tonight. it's been a while since I last saw that over three periods. not one major individual mistake - props to the coaching for that. Dostal obviously instrumental with his stellar performance; such a relief having him in our net. goal scoring is our biggest weakness, but that was to be expected to be fair - having some of our 'borcy' from the NHL join the team would instantly improve our effectiveness in front of the net and overall would give us a massive boost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad