WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Here is the interview.. Simek is a free agent and I have no idea why they wouldn't release him. Old veteran in AHL taking playing time from young players. Stupid.

Smejkal is playing Jiricek but he said they may release Jiricek.

If I could only have one between Kulich and Jiricek.. today I take Jiricek because we do have Kubalik and Vrana to be shooters (and Tomasek). Jiricek would immediately make our D better.. so let's hope that is true.

Not even considering Kulich is hillarious to me but they are trying to get AHL guys and Nedved has done a very good job in his defence.
Idk seems completely against the whole philosophy Rulik is doing with the team. Taking chances, relying more on young guys. and then they dont want our by far best young guy and already a awesome shooter who is right now at first glance better then half of the team we have?

Seems weird. And dissapointing. Really thought Rulik will have balls to do this.

Reactions: Czechboy

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007

Here is the interview.. Simek is a free agent and I have no idea why they wouldn't release him. Old veteran in AHL taking playing time from young players. Stupid.

Smejkal is playing Jiricek but he said they may release Jiricek.

If I could only have one between Kulich and Jiricek.. today I take Jiricek because we do have Kubalik and Vrana to be shooters (and Tomasek). Jiricek would immediately make our D better.. so let's hope that is true.

Not even considering Kulich is hillarious to me but they are trying to get AHL guys and Nedved has done a very good job in his defence.
If Jiricek will go and Tichacek and Spacek will make it to final roster. It'll be like miracle to have 3 young promising defenders 😂

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
If Jiricek will go and Tichacek and Spacek will make it to final roster. It'll be like miracle to have 3 young promising defenders 😂
It seem really weird all of it lol. Either Nedved is takling complete shit, or they hit themselves in the head. If Tichacek and Spacek are good enough for the final roster, then Kulich can go and be straight captain and 25min a night guy lol

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Jiricek should be a lock if they can get him. Other two I am very curious about.

I forgot Hajek is available too...

Gudas, Rutta, Kempny are locks imo

No idea how they pick the last 5.

Preying for jiricek!

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
There has been a lot of talk this year about how bad this team will be. But, when I look at it now, the only thing really missing is a pure top notch goalscorer like Pasta.

Goaltenders I wold say is among the best with 3 good NHL-keepers (Dostal, Mrazek, Vejmelka)

Defense is also good I think, with Rutta and Gudas as locks, proven but a little older ones like Kempny, Kundratek and young guns in Jiricek, Spacek and Tichacek.

Forwards is the questionmark. But if we go from the lower lines first, I think they could be very good with players like Nosek, Kampf, Faksa, Vozenilek, Chlapik, Vrana, Zohorna all in the mix.

The top lines in forward is where you could be a little on the short side. But with experienced players like Cervenka, Kase, Spacek, Tomasek, Palat + shooters in Kubalik, Zadina and Vrana if needed the positions themselves are actually filled. Even if a Pasta, Hertl or a Necas would have been the cherry on the cake and maybe the 1-2 top top top players missing which takes away the chances for a home gold.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
There has been a lot of talk this year about how bad this team will be. But, when I look at it now, the only thing really missing is a pure top notch goalscorer like Pasta.

Goaltenders I wold say is among the best with 3 good NHL-keepers (Dostal, Mrazek, Vejmelka)

Defense is also good I think, with Rutta and Gudas as locks, proven but a little older ones like Kempny, Kundratek and young guns in Jiricek, Spacek and Tichacek.

Forwards is the questionmark. But if we go from the lower lines first, I think they could be very good with players like Nosek, Kampf, Faksa, Vozenilek, Chlapik, Vrana, Zohorna all in the mix.

The top lines in forward is where you could be a little on the short side. But with experienced players like Cervenka, Kase, Spacek, Tomasek, Palat + shooters in Kubalik, Zadina and Vrana if needed the positions themselves are actually filled. Even if a Pasta, Hertl or a Necas would have been the cherry on the cake and maybe the 1-2 top top top players missing which takes away the chances for a home gold.
It feels like it, The team is looking good, but sadly not good enough for gold in this years completition. Maybe for a lucky bronze, but not final.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

I'm a jiricek, sedlak, Kral and Kampf/Faksa away from being happy tbh

No top end scorer but we have a lot of 200 foot guys that don't lost pick battles. We could be a solid, and slightly boring, pain in the ass.

3 NHL goalies so I dont have to be pissed off before every game. I am legit happy with whoever they start. Just hope they only ride one guy for playoffs. I lean towards dostal personally.

Semi and I'm happy! No illusions of gold but I am excited about this team. I also like the direction they took in putting it together. I also like the coach a lot. I think Nedved is a great GM. Love that he acknowledged AHL guys. Love that he is even fighting for Simek..

And all our guys showed.. even guys without contracts like kubalik and zadina are here.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Dallas - Vegas 2:2, now I don't know who should I cheer for lol, if Nedved says Hertl will probably not be allowed to come.

Probably still cheer for Dallas, even though I would like Faksa added, I still prefer at least some chance for Hertl

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I just realized now that the Král is not in the nomination. Which I really don't understand. The defense definitely doesn't look very cool now.. Players like Zábranský, Ščotka or Krejčík, I don't know, I really didn't expect this. We have to hope that Jiříček will be available, that would be a big boost, otherwise I really don't know who he wants to nominate.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
I just realized now that the Král is not in the nomination. Which I really don't understand. The defense definitely doesn't look very cool now.. Players like Zábranský, Ščotka or Krejčík, I don't know, I really didn't expect this. We have to hope that Jiříček will be available, that would be a big boost, otherwise I really don't know who he wants to nominate.
Král just finished Liiga finals late at night on Sunday, I think he will still be added.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Hope Kral will be nominated along with the finalists from ELH. Don't understand cuting of Galvas and keeping Zabransky, Krejcik, Scotka.

Hope it will end with those three out and Kral, Jiricek and Kundratek instead of them.

Gudas, Rutta, Jiricek, Kempny, Kral, Kundratek, Tichacek, Spacek .. that's what I want to see

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hope Kral will be nominated along with the finalists from ELH. Don't understand cuting of Galvas and keeping Zabransky, Krejcik, Scotka.

Hope it will end with those three out and Kral, Jiricek and Kundratek instead of them.

Gudas, Rutta, Jiricek, Kempny, Kral, Kundratek, Tichacek, Spacek .. that's what I want to see
That would be a great d. Just usa would have better. Maybe slovaks if they get cernak and fehevary.

• Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Dallas - Vegas 2:2, now I don't know who should I cheer for lol, if Nedved says Hertl will probably not be allowed to come.

Probably still cheer for Dallas, even though I would like Faksa added, I still prefer at least some chance for Hertl
Faksa's not playing.. got hurt. Hertl won't be allowed. So cheer for Dallas to beat the LTIR kings.lol

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
The galvas cut shocked me. Zabransky is at least young and he always played well for us at U20. Still, I don't want any of those 3 guys. I always had Galvas in final 6 to be honest.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Sedlak is a lock IMO
I'm fine with Hajek and Kundratek. Not huge fans but they'd be fine. So, for now, here is my D based on what is available. Note, I don't love this D but am using what is available.

Gudas, Rutta, Kempny, Kral, Hajek, Kundratek, Spacek, Tichachek

If Jiricek becomes available then one of Spacek or Tichachek will be cut. Jiricek would change our dynamic a lot. I think he'd be first PP to be honest.

Those are my guesses.

Still pissed about no Galvas.lol

Reactions: martygod12

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Hehe another 5 players to the team 😂 and probably it's not the end 😂
Czech players on training will be like this 😂
92687aefc6468937381f0fdd84080a9e.jpg

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Forwards from what is available (again, my guesses on what coaches do, no need to let me know you don't like a player, make your own list!):

Nosek, Palat, Zadina, Kubalik, Sedlak, Cervenka, Kase, Vrana, Zohorna, Tomasek, Chlapik, Flek, Spacek, Jagr and I'll add Kampf as I think Toronto gets eliminated tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Forwards from what is available (again, my guesses on what coaches do, no need to let me know you don't like a player, make your own list!):

Nosek, Palat, Zadina, Kubalik, Sedlak, Cervenka, Kase, Vrana, Zohorna, Tomasek, Chlapik, Flek, Spacek, Jagr and I'll add Kampf as I think Toronto gets eliminated tonight.
Jagr, Plekanec, Frolík let's go destroy everyone with Kladno power lol

Sedlak is a lock IMO
I'm fine with Hajek and Kundratek. Not huge fans but they'd be fine. So, for now, here is my D based on what is available. Note, I don't love this D but am using what is available.

If Jiricek becomes available then one of Spacek or Tichachek will be cut. Jiricek would change our dynamic a lot. I think he'd be first PP to be honest.

Those are my guesses.

I think all the additions are okay, Kostalek is a bit unnecessary cause I think he will 99% not make the final nomination, but if he does I would still prefer him instead of Scotka, Zabransky and who was that third? Pyrochta? I don't even know since they are so forgettable and average lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Sedlak is a lock IMO

Those are my guesses.

A discussion on a well-known website says that Hájek was allegedly one of the weakest defenders of Pardubice. These are the opinions of Pardubice fans :D
We'll see, otherwise I agree.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
A discussion on a well-known website says that Hájek was allegedly one of the weakest defenders of Pardubice. These are the opinions of Pardubice fans :D
We'll see, otherwise I agree.
Aren't you a Trinec guy? Your fans probably loved him.lol

No Kaut!

I am really curious what the final nomination is.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Aren't you a Trinec guy? Your fans probably loved him.lol

No Kaut!

I am really curious what the final nomination is.
Of course I'm a fan of Třinec.
Actually, I didn't even remember Kaut:)
We have to hope that Rulík does a good job, again..

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5