Prospect Info: 2024 CFHF Calgary Flames Prospect Rankings Results

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Khrox

May 31, 2018
CFHF
RANK
FLAMES NATION
DIFFERENCE
Kirill Zarubin​
20​
Yan Kuznetsov​
Yan Kuznetsov​
19​
Cole Schwindt​
+4
Adam Klapka​
18​
Kirill Zarubin​
+2
Aydar Suniev​
17​
Artem Grushnikov​
Jacob Battaglia​
16​
Jaden Lipinski​
+5
Artem Grushnikov​
15​
Adam Klapka​
+3
Henry Mews​
14​
Ilya Solovyov​
Luke Misa​
13​
Aydar Suniev+4
Ilya Solovyov​
12​
Luke Misa+1
Samuel Morin​
11​
Jeremie Poirier​
10​
William Stromgren​
9​
Andrew Basha​
8​
Jakob Pelletier​
7​
Samuel Honzek​
6​
Matvei Gridin​
5​
Hunter Brzustewicz​
4​
Matt Coronato​
3​
Dustin Wolf​
2​
Zayne Parekh​
1​
Battaglia at 11
Cause people here are enamoured by his point totals. I also think he's ranked too high here. Canucks fans didn't give a f*** when he was traded.
I think part of that was also the rumours of him not wanting to sign with the Canucks (a la Fox for us), and that he was likely fourth on their charts for offensive focused RD (Quinn Hughes, Elias Peterson, yes another one, this one is a puck moving RD, and Tom Willander). When you have a wealth of that type of player who are all still fairly young, and one doesn't want to sign or gets traded, it's less of an issue. He's rated highly by us because the only young guy ahead of him in that role is Parekh, and an older Andersson who might not even be here for much longer. So he's going from 3rd pair/extra d-man who might see limited time on the 2nd PP when injuries happen, to likely ending up in a top 4 role, and potentially anchoring one of the PP units.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
CFHF
RANK
FLAMES NATION
DIFFERENCE
Kirill Zarubin​
20​
Yan Kuznetsov​
Yan Kuznetsov​
19​
Cole Schwindt​
+4
Adam Klapka​
18​
Kirill Zarubin​
+2
Aydar Suniev​
17​
Artem Grushnikov​
Jacob Battaglia​
16​
Jaden Lipinski​
+5
Artem Grushnikov​
15​
Adam Klapka​
+3
Henry Mews​
14​
Ilya Solovyov​
Luke Misa​
13​
Aydar Suniev+4
Ilya Solovyov​
12​
Luke Misa+1
Etienne Morin​
11​
Jacob Battaglia+5
Jeremie Poirier​
10​
Etienne Morin+1
William Stromgren​
9​
Andrew Basha​
8​
Jakob Pelletier​
7​
Samuel Honzek​
6​
Matvei Gridin​
5​
Hunter Brzustewicz​
4​
Matt Coronato​
3​
Dustin Wolf​
2​
Zayne Parekh​
1​

Last edited:

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I think part of that was also the rumours of him not wanting to sign with the Canucks (a la Fox for us), and that he was likely fourth on their charts for offensive focused RD (Quinn Hughes, Elias Peterson, yes another one, this one is a puck moving RD, and Tom Willander). When you have a wealth of that type of player who are all still fairly young, and one doesn't want to sign or gets traded, it's less of an issue. He's rated highly by us because the only young guy ahead of him in that role is Parekh, and an older Andersson who might not even be here for much longer. So he's going from 3rd pair/extra d-man who might see limited time on the 2nd PP when injuries happen, to likely ending up in a top 4 role, and potentially anchoring one of the PP units.

That's definitely part of it but they didn't seem to value him much in general. Having a wealth of RD doesn't make him less valuable, it just makes him expendable. The way they couldn't care less about him suggests they didn't think he would amount to much anyway. Now they could just be wrong but I still think he's ranked a little higher than he should be.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Brzustewicz led the OHL in assists last season as a 19 yr old defenseman. Had more assists than several of the 2024 1st rounders from the same league had points. More assists than McDavid had in his draft year. Most(from a D) since 1994 and 8th all time. Not really on a powerhouse offense either, the Kitchener team was 6th in GF. Not a guarantee of anything but pretty hard to do that by accident, he sees the ice extremely well. Always has his head up.

Think he's ranked right where he should be.

Last edited:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Brewski is a monster. I think he’s better than Coronato, Honzek and Gridin.

I expect him to be somewhere between Rasmus Andersson and Ryan Ellis.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
CFHF
RANK
FLAMES NATION
DIFFERENCE
Kirill Zarubin​
20​
Yan Kuznetsov​
Yan Kuznetsov​
19​
Cole Schwindt​
+4
Adam Klapka​
18​
Kirill Zarubin​
+2
Aydar Suniev​
17​
Artem Grushnikov​
Jacob Battaglia​
16​
Jaden Lipinski​
+5
Artem Grushnikov​
15​
Adam Klapka​
+3
Henry Mews​
14​
Ilya Solovyov​
Luke Misa​
13​
Aydar Suniev+4
Ilya Solovyov​
12​
Luke Misa+1
Etienne Morin​
11​
Jacob Battaglia+5
Jeremie Poirier​
10​
Etienne Morin+1
William Stromgren​
9​
Henry Mews+5
Andrew Basha​
8​
Jakob Pelletier​
7​
Samuel Honzek​
6​
Matvei Gridin​
5​
Hunter Brzustewicz​
4​
Matt Coronato​
3​
Dustin Wolf​
2​
Zayne Parekh​
1​

What's a bit nuts is everyone from 13-20 on our list is on theirs from 9-20 with 2 guys not in our top 20... meaning 2 of our top 12 will not be in their top 20.. I'm gonna guess Solo and Stromgren.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Interesting tidbit by Conroy talking about Honzek:

"Last year was last year," Conroy said. "We're parking that one. We're not even going to talk about it. Injuries happen. He went from the groin to the hand, and had other things going on, too. It was just one of those years.“

Sounds like injuries weren’t the only thing he was battling through last year. Another interesting note is the article takes the time to note he’s up to 195 now, that’d be a 15 pound weight gain year over year.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Interesting tidbit by Conroy talking about Honzek:

"Last year was last year," Conroy said. "We're parking that one. We're not even going to talk about it. Injuries happen. He went from the groin to the hand, and had other things going on, too. It was just one of those years.“

Sounds like injuries weren’t the only thing he was battling through last year. Another interesting note is the article takes the time to note he’s up to 195 now, that’d be a 15 pound weight gain year over year.
I take that quote s there were other undisclosed injuries, such as his jaw/mouth

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Khrox

May 31, 2018
What's a bit nuts is everyone from 13-20 on our list is on theirs from 9-20 with 2 guys not in our top 20... meaning 2 of our top 12 will not be in their top 20.. I'm gonna guess Solo and Stromgren.
Thinking about it, there's an outside shot they don't count Coronato, since he played almost half a season last year (34 games, 35 career).

Reactions: Lunatik

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I work at a printing company, and we just finished THN Yearbook. Can't really release the full rankings until the book hits the market, but it certainly seems like they aren't as high on Brzustewicz as we are.

Not that I give much credence to THN's or EP's rankings, but yeah, I'm not particularly high on Brzustewicz either. From his inability to deal with pressure to his slow foot speed to his brutal pass receptions, there's too many red flags to his game for me. I think he'll adapt poorly to the higher pace of play in the AHL.

I'd ranked him about 12th-14th among Flames prospects.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Only one left
#5 is Basha (+3)
#4 is Honzek (+2)
#3 is Brzustewicz (+1)
#2 is Wolf (0)

So I have to assume Parekh is #1 (which would also be a 0 movement)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad