• Ivan Vorobyov

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Stancl takes the 17th spot - one vote more than Susuyev.

I totally meant to do poll 18 this morning but then…other things happened in Blues land today and I forgot about it. :scared:

Here goes!

1. Dalibor Dvorsky (89.8%)
2. Jimmy Snuggerud (48.8%)
3. Theo Lindstein (73.1%)
4. Adam Jiricek (41.2%)
5. Zack Bolduc (65.2%)
6. Otto Stenberg (94.4%)
7. Juraj Pekarcik (35.5%)
8. Matt Kessel (58.8%)
9. Zach Dean (77.9%)
10. Vadim Zherenko (40.0%)
11. Lukas Fischer (39.3%)
12. Michael Buchinger (48.3%)
13. Colin Ralph (54.7%)
14. Quinton Burns (22.9%)
15. Ondrej Kos (24.4%)
16. Paul Fischer (27.3%)
17. Jakub Stancl (31.1%)
18. ?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Kaskimäki, Peterson or Ellis.

I’m hoping we see Kaskimäki in Springfield this season. He already plays a solid all-around game, brings speed and drives the net.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Kaskimäki, Peterson or Ellis.

I’m hoping we see Kaskimäki in Springfield this season. He already plays a solid all-around game, brings speed and drives the net.

Kaskimaki (same with Stancl) is on our prospect showcase roster which probably means the Blues want to have him in the AHL this season, otherwise he would've stayed back in Scandinavia to prepare for the upcoming season (like Lindstein and Stenberg).

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Kaskimaki (same with Stancl) is on our prospect showcase roster which probably means the Blues want to have him in the AHL this season, otherwise he would've stayed back in Scandinavia to prepare for the upcoming season (like Lindstein and Stenberg).
It was announced at prospect camp that the decision on Kaskimaki hasn’t been fully made yet. So him being on that roster and almost certainly in training camp isn’t a surprise. But they could still deem him not ready or just not enough room for him in Springfield and send him back to HIFK.

My guess is he ends up in Springfield though.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Voted Susuyev for still again the millionth time - or would've voted him in the earlier polls, but I've been in the hospital from last week's Monday evening to this week's Tuesday evening without Internet access. At least he'll win this time, hopefully? Voting Jecho next, followed by Kaskimaki, Robertsson, Koromyslov, and Loof.

I suppose we could add Anton Malmstrom next?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Why isn't Holloway an option? <big grin emoji, can't add them on my phone for some reason>
Well for one he’s not officially a Blue yet! 😝

But 89 games played? Not a prospect. Thankfully. I don’t want to blow this up and start over lol!

But if we do get one or both players then that’s more youth added. Holloway is from the same draft as Neighbours and Broberg the year before.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Well for one he’s not officially a Blue yet! 😝

But 89 games played? Not a prospect. Thankfully. I don’t want to blow this up and start over lol!

But if we do get one or both players then that’s more youth added. Holloway is from the same draft as Neighbours and Broberg the year before.

You could have stopped at the first sentence, that's reason enough. I was obviously just joking. Even if he was a prospect, I wouldn't expect him to be added. We are just at the point where I can't add much meaningful discourse about the remaining guys, so I default to stupid jokes. Plus those offer sheets are such a Holy <bleep> move, they need to permeate every thread. This should be the new he who should not be named.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

STLegend

Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon
Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
I find it shocking that more folks voting for some rando Russian with “skills" over guy like Kaskimaki, who is legit prospect with both legit upside and higher floor, based on couple days at rookie camp. I’m not even clear that susyev belongs in our 25, but certainly this is way too high for him. 🤷‍♂️
Let's be honest here, none of the guys left on this list are "legit prospects"...

With that being said, Susuyev plays in the stronger league and is top 6 or bust. Kaskimaki's ceiling is a bottom 6 speedster, with a mediocre shot and vision. He was pretty invisible at World Juniors other than his outside speed imo. Reminds me of Magnus Paajarvi who was the definition of bleh.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Let's be honest here, none of the guys left on this list are "legit prospects"...

With that being said, Susuyev plays in the stronger league and is top 6 or bust. Kaskimaki's ceiling is a bottom 6 speedster, with a mediocre shot and vision. He was pretty invisible at World Juniors other than his outside speed imo. Reminds me of Magnus Paajarvi who was the definition of bleh.
Disagree. Big time disagree. Several of the remaining guys have realistic chance to be middle or bottom of lineup guys. Kaskimaki, jecho, even Peterson. Couple of the d too. To fixate on some random kid who starred at prospect camp, even though he has almost no chance of ever being nhl regular is bizarre.

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
Disagree. Big time disagree. Several of the remaining guys have realistic chance to be middle or bottom of lineup guys. Kaskimaki, jecho, even Peterson. Couple of the d too. To fixate on some random kid who starred at prospect camp, even though he has almost no chance of ever being nhl regular is bizarre.
lol ok... was he not drafted? What makes him just some random kid versus everyone else left on the list? Are they not all some random kid to you? Or am I speaking directly to Aleksanteri?

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
lol ok... was he not drafted? What makes him just some random kid versus everyone else left on the list? Are they not all some random kid to you? Or am I speaking directly to Aleksanteri?
I didn't think it was a secret that typically the level of prospect you get in early rounds is much, much better than later rounds. If player doesn't live up to draft slot, they get moved down prospect rankings. If they outproduce it, they move up. That is how these things generally work, at least how I expect they should work. For folks to put significantly more weight on 2 days of drills and light scrimmage over the collective body of work of a prospect is, in my opinion, insane. But if you want to go all in on what you saw during one day in July instead of their full body of work, be my guest. You presumably know much more than the team's scouts, so you do you. I'm done trying to explain to folks here why they are wrong.

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
I didn't think it was a secret that typically the level of prospect you get in early rounds is much, much better than later rounds. If player doesn't live up to draft slot, they get moved down prospect rankings. If they outproduce it, they move up. That is how these things generally work, at least how I expect they should work. For folks to put significantly more weight on 2 days of drills and light scrimmage over the collective body of work of a prospect is, in my opinion, insane. But if you want to go all in on what you saw during one day in July instead of their full body of work, be my guest. You presumably know much more than the team's scouts, so you do you. I'm done trying to explain to folks here why they are wrong.
I see the issue now, I wasn't aware you were basing your decision on prospect camp alone. I personally am making my vote based on their hockey career up until this point. Therefor Susuyev who plays in a stronger league, set a record for youngest player to score a goal in his club's history and won an award for most points for a u-18 player in the KHL holds a little more weight in my mind. I prefer forwards that project to be offensive threats rather than grinders, It's also no secret that Russians slip in the draft due to their nationality.

I truly hope that you're right about Kaskimaki but at this point I think all of Susuyev, Jecho, Peterson and Mrsic are better prospects.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I see the issue now, I wasn't aware you were basing your decision on prospect camp alone. I personally am making my vote based on their hockey career up until this point. Therefor Susuyev who plays in a stronger league, set a record for youngest player to score a goal in his club's history and won an award for most points for a u-18 player in the KHL holds a little more weight in my mind. I prefer forwards that project to be offensive threats rather than grinders, It's also no secret that Russians slip in the draft due to their nationality.

I truly hope that you're right about Kaskimaki but at this point I think all of Susuyev, Jecho, Peterson and Mrsic are better prospects.
Oi vey.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box

It’s hard for me to get on board with Susuyev much like vorbyov. Watching the scrimmages, I don’t see a player that can have a job here if they don’t score. Both really had little interest in playing defense. They may score that much we shall see. I can say with Robertsson and Kaskimaki I see two guys not only with some offensive ability, but were forced to learn the other side of the game (or they got no ice time). That showed as both seemed to play a bit more defense than most players in the “free for all” scrimmages. I hope both will get plenty of minutes in the AHL this year.

Peterson just doesn’t impress me. I don’t see a player there.

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
It’s hard for me to get on board with Susuyev much like vorbyov. Watching the scrimmages, I don’t see a player that can have a job here if they don’t score. Both really had little interest in playing defense. They may score that much we shall see. I can say with Robertsson and Kaskimaki I see two guys not only with some offensive ability, but were forced to learn the other side of the game (or they got no ice time). That showed as both seemed to play a bit more defense than most players in the “free for all” scrimmages. I hope both will get plenty of minutes in the AHL this year.

Peterson just doesn’t impress me. I don’t see a player there.
I agree, that's why I labeled him top 6 or bust, I don't see a player that can adapt to a bottom 6 role. We've seen plenty of other skilled russians come to the NHL lacking defensive play and eventually improve on it enough to not be a liability. Vorobyov didn't crack an KHL lineup until 22 and was a minus player even though he put up points, I doubt he ever leaves Russia.

The games I've watched of Kaskimaki he shied away from contact and didn't show a willingness to drive the net, I think he's too soft to be a bottom 6 NHL guy. That's where Peterson is different, he's got good speed for a big guy, strong on the boards, responsible in his own zone and goes to the front of the net. Of the guys that are left, he excites me the most as a potential 4th line winger. That was his role at BU and he was still able to rack up some points.

It's going to be an exciting year to follow so many of our prospects in new leagues. Stancl, Robertsson and Kaskimaki coming to NA, Peterson and Dvorsky in AHL, Pekarcik, Jiricek and Ralph in CHL.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I liked Susuyev in the scrimmage but that’s all I’ve seen of him. But he’s also a player that scored 28 pts in 38 games in Jrs his draft year and a pt/game in his D+1 year. I don’t have a lot to go on atm with him but I see him similarly to Vorobyov when his tires were getting pumped a year ago after a good showing at Prospects Camp. Until either makes a big stride in the KHL or comes over and progresses like Zherenko has, I don’t see a lot of value.

Going to have to disagree that Kaskimaki doesn’t drive the net. Other than his plus speed, that may be his best attribute. He is inconsistent though and will need to continue to round out his game to be a successful 3rd line type.

I still think some are sleeping on Peterson. I see at least a MacMac level player to someone similar to Toropchenko. So basically somewhere around solid 4th liner to waiver fodder but that’s more than what a lot of these guys will be.

Jecho is in this tier too. He’s a big boy that can skate and has a hard shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad