GDT: 2024 Blues Draft Day Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
This is the course they’ve been publicly charting since last summer. They want to try to thread this middle of the pack needle rather than taking their medicine. Maybe they hit it big these last two drafts, but barring that, it’s gonna be tough.
It’s a dumb approach.

Reactions: TheOrganist

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
So far for the Weekend

Tex Trade B+ good buy low/high reward type trade

Hayes Trade D- what the actual f***

Jiricek B+ at that pick it was between him and Solberg, Jiricek has the higher ceiling and at some point we need to try to swing for the fences. He does seam very agressive, if he can add some muscle it will help his play a lot.

Ralph B- don't know much, But he's a big boy with good skating. Seems to possibly have some offensive skills, Gotta research more

Fischer B+ Another big defenseman. Need to research more

Kos ??? idk I never looked this far down the draft list this season

I will say tho, we are constantly screaming we are too small on the defensive side, and watching Blues fans being mad we are drafting big defensemen is a little entertaining. (Not directed at this board)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Would really like someone with some skill to be taken at some point.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I will say tho, we are constantly screaming we are too small on the defensive side, and watching Blues fans being made we are drafting big defensemen is a little entertaining. (Not directed at this board)
Seeing people on the socials get bent out of shape about a bunch of players whom they couldn't even name 12 months ago is an annual tradition.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I hate Hayes trade in a vacuum. What we do with this cap space will determine whether I hate it even more or am okay that the price to make Hayes go away was worth it. So I will withhold final judgement, but paying a 2nd to get rid of 2 years of mid player when we aren't expected to be contenders during this span is hard to get behind.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I remember in 2010 I really wanted jack Campbell and was so pissed we drafted Schwartz that I turned off the TV.

Since then I've realized I know nothing about prospects and not to get upset if I don't know anything about the player drafted. The blues typically have good drafts and I trust their picks.
I really wanted Tarasenko that draft and was sad we drafted Schwartz with him on the board still. We had just gotten the radio onto the draft in the car when the trade for the pick was being announced :laugh:

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad