GDT: 2024 Blues Draft Day Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. We traded a second without any retention because Hayes is slow as molasses and was for the most part garbage for us. Not ideal but Army essentially admitted a mistake here. Krug would take a 1st plus to get rid of unless he has some voodoo magic.
Or we take a shitty contract back lol

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. We traded a second without any retention because Hayes is slow as molasses and was for the most part garbage for us. Not ideal but Army essentially admitted a mistake here. Krug would take a 1st plus to get rid of unless he has some voodoo magic.
Sure, but everyone knew that’s what Hayes was going to be - a largely useless warm body on a bad team. What could have changed in a year to then pay a second to get rid of that guy? It’s a horrible use of assets.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Kos scouting report, great skater with high compete level and relentless on the puck. Wins a lot of puck battles and excellent puck possession. Projects more of a defensive forward, as his offensive game has lacked consistency.

Reactions: mk80

LetsGoBooze

Dickinson was in range...
Jan 16, 2012
This Hayes trade screams were gonna be playing for the middle of the pack the next few seasons. I now fully expect he'll sign some veteran center to help this team in its current state get to Dvorsky a few years down the road. We're gonna be picking in the teens again next year. HATE this direction, already cost us big this draft, if we had just embraced being a bottom 10 team for 2023-2025 we coulda reaped more draft rewards and most likely turned this team around quicker. This vision isn't great.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Emotions aside, what can the Pens expect out of Hayes? Where did he play most of the year?

3C who plays like a one man Harlem Globetrotter. He will absolutely hang onto the puck 30 seconds longer than anyone in the NHL and then turn it over.

Rinse and repeat every shift. He will knock in the occasional lucky goal. Zero physicality. Incredibly slow skating.

Other than that he seems like a good happy go lucky stoner.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Stages of the Blues picking a player that is not in your top 5 available: disappointment, anger, acceptance; excitement about what that player might become.

I remember in 2010 I really wanted jack Campbell and was so pissed we drafted Schwartz that I turned off the TV.

Since then I've realized I know nothing about prospects and not to get upset if I don't know anything about the player drafted. The blues typically have good drafts and I trust their picks.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
3C who plays like a one man Harlem Globetrotter. He will absolutely hang onto the puck 30 seconds longer than anyone in the NHL and then turn it over.

Rinse and repeat every shift. He will knock in the occasional lucky goal. Zero physicality. Incredibly slow skating.

Other than that he seems like a good happy go lucky stoner.
Lovely.

You will all understand if Pens root for your demise this upcoming season, yes? ;)

Kidding.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
This Hayes trade screams were gonna be playing for the middle of the pack the next few seasons. I now fully expect he'll sign some veteran center to help this team in its current state get to Dvorsky a few years down the road. We're gonna be picking in the teens again next year. HATE this direction, already cost us big this draft, if we had just embraced being a bottom 10 team for 2023-2025 we coulda reaped more draft rewards and most likely turned this team around quicker. This vision isn't great.
This is the course they’ve been publicly charting since last summer. They want to try to thread this middle of the pack needle rather than taking their medicine. Maybe they hit it big these last two drafts, but barring that, it’s gonna be tough.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Emotions aside, what can the Pens expect out of Hayes? Where did he play most of the year?
You just ripped us off by getting a 2nd rounder for only 2 years of Hayes.

He’s not good but he’s not THAT bad. He can be an adequate 3C. He’s slow and unnoticeable most of the time but he protects the puck well. He will score 30+ points if you play him with decent players. We played him with garbage all season so it’s not entirely his fault that he didn’t hit 30 points with us.

I didn’t want him in the first place last offseason. But hopefully we have a plan to use this cap space because as of now, the trade doesn’t look great.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
No issues with our picks, but that Hayes trade is just brutal. Our reporters better grill DA over that decision and the rationale behind it

Reactions: stl76

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Kind of what we figured based on Army's comments on not wanting to stay competitive and avoid going into a full rebuild. We're just kind of directionless in our re(insert word)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00