GDT: 2024 Blues Draft Day Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
The trade makes no sense unless we are gonna use the cap space. Don't really see anyone in FA that I would really want. We still have a lot of money on the blueline so the defense problems are still there.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Lukas Fisher is a very solid pick. He is an improving player, very competitive, and has the tools to make it in the NHL. His dad works for the Red Wings. He did very well at the combine. Like the pick.

The glaring thing about Fischer is he’s almost a year younger than most players in this draft class. His dob is September 9 2006. For comparison Ralph’s dob is October 4 2005.

I think Fischer made eligibility by 1 week.

Reactions: ArenaRat

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
The thread is live, the server is just busy.
giphy.gif

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah I'd be fine with this trade if it was Faulk or Krug. Hayes isn't very good but wow that's a lot to get out of that contract

Reactions: mk80

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
Freeing up salary probably good for our franchise state.
I thought about that too. His real salary is lower than his cap hit. If I’m doing the math right his dollar pay was only roughly 2.6 mil this year and next. That might still be the answer though.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I would rather have Burns than Brzustewicz. B doesn't play defense.

You know I love stay at home defensemen. I wanted Emery at 16 for pete's sake. But talent level does play a part. I prefer defensive defensemen, but Brzustewicz's upside is maybe a 4 or 5, where as Burns is a 6 or 7 IMO. Like my absolute preference at 48 was Pulkkinen or LSW, but I'd much rather have Mews than Ralph. If I'm gonna take a defensive defenseman, I want someone who I project to be bankable to kind of make up for whatever partner they have. I think Emery or Elick is that guy. I don't think Ralph is. I'll give him a chance, just like Burns, but my first reaction is yuck tbh. At 48 anyway, wouldn't have minded him in the 3rd at all.

LetsGoBooze

Dickinson was in range...
Jan 16, 2012
Dont like giving away a high 2nd there at all, would rather give two 3rds, or a further out 2nd. I cant help but think thats a top 45 pick. Hate it.

Reactions: sfvega

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2