GDT: 2024 Blues Draft Day Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
What is going on that it's so active pre draft? All these gms are moving picks before they know who's on or off the board

I think some of the teams that have been trading up in the draft might not be done yet and hope they can move up even more. It's probably easier to do 'step 1' before the draft and execute 'step 2' during the draft? IDK?

LetsGoBooze

Dickinson was in range...
Jan 16, 2012
After we make our 1st selection, would be great to move back up into the late 1st and take a shot on a 2nd tier Dman. Wonder if Saad and one of our 2nds would entice any team that was competitive this past season. Would love it if we left the draft with two 1st round selections tonight. Build the future, if we can paraly Saad into some strong draft capital we need to do it.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

blue zone

Apr 14, 2024
Blues trade for Alexandre Texier making it more reasonable to deal Saad or Buchnevich, for different reasons.

Last edited:

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
Blues trade for Alexandre Texier making it more reasonable to deal Saad or Buchnevich, for different reasons.
Possibly more reasonable to deal Saad, but not Buch. Don't see Buch being moved unless we get a serious haul (a 1st higher than ours, an established player or prospect (especially if it's a D), or both).

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Pretty happy with the trade for Texier. You can't do better than that honestly. Can't really see Alexandrov being in the lineup much if at all unless we see significant injuries in the preseason.

On the draft talk, I do not want Jiricek if he has knee problems. I've already gone through this with a highly touted prospect in Fabbri, and I don't like wasting a pick on a guy who has injury concerns already. Can he be healthy in his career moving forward? Sure. Will he be better than anyone else the Blues pick at 16? It's possible. Can the Blues afford to draft a defenseman at 16 that may or may not play a lot of games for them? In my opinion, no, the team can't risk that right now. I could be blowing it out of proportion, but once I saw the knee injury talk, I cashed out.

Last edited:

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Pretty happy with the trade for Texier. You can't do better than that honestly. Can't really see Alexandrov being in the lineup much if at all unless we see significant injuries in the preseason.

On the draft talk, I do not want Jiricek if he has knee problems. I've already gone through this with a highly touted prospect in Fabbri, and I don't like wasting a pick on a guy who has injury concerns already. Can he be healthy his career moving forward? Sure. Will he be better than anyone else the Blues pick at 16? It's possible. Can the Blues afford to draft a defenseman at 16 that may or may not play a lot of games for them? In my opinion, no, the team can't risk that right now. I could be blowing it out of proportion, but once I saw the knee injury talk, I cashed out.
100%. If you HAVE to take a right D with your pick, then the conservative smart choice is EJ Emery. Proven babysitter to Hutson. Big, defensive, and skates very well. Offense never comes? Another Parayko that’s meaner.

blue zone

Apr 14, 2024
Possibly more reasonable to deal Saad, but not Buch. Don't see Buch being moved unless we get a serious haul (a 1st higher than ours, an established player or prospect (especially if it's a D), or both).
Buch defensive / PK replacement, that may have a 2nd line ceiling, but probably 3rd. I think we are overvaluing Buch at this stage of his career. Getting a first in the early 20s and a third/ d prospect is likely more reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay