GDT: 2024 Blackhawks training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It worked awesome for reichel
"It" being playing in the AHL or being gifted a top 6 ice spot?

I don't think the Hawks ruined Reichel, I just think he hasn't delivered. Maybe he can be a guy who pops up as a decent 26 year old when he's on his third team, but Europe long-term also feels likely.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Im interested if Allan is going to play the left side or the right side?

Last edited:

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
So we have

Jones, Vlasic, Martinez, Brodie, Murphy, Allen, and Phillips?

That's what I'd like to see. Allan is better off for a third pairing role and it could be his chance to stick with the team permanently. It gives KK a chance to play a role he's best at in Rockford and develop there because he isn't going to get any PP time at the NHL level, and he hasn't earned it yet.

Phillips is whatever so I'm glad they're not stunting the development of anyone else by not seeing playing time.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
"It" being playing in the AHL or being gifted a top 6 ice spot?

I don't think the Hawks ruined Reichel, I just think he hasn't delivered. Maybe he can be a guy who pops up as a decent 26 year old when he's on his third team, but Europe long-term also feels likely.

It being sending players to the AHL to “develop”. You don’t get better with worse coaching playing worse completion with worse players. Detroit did this forever post Datsyuk and wings fans always told us how seasoned their prospects were going to be. They all sucked.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Reichel is so soft it doesn't matter where he was playing, he was always going to bust playing like that. You could put him on a stacked team and line and I'm pretty confident he'd be more or less exactly what we've seen with him.

And I say that as someone who liked us picking him at the time, it just didn't work out.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
IT’S ALLAN PEOPLE NOT ALLEN. IF HE IS GOING TO BE HERE GET HIS NAME RIGHT.

chipmunk-scream.gif

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Once Kaiser is healthy I could see

Martinez-Jones
Vlasic-Brodie
Kaiser-Murphy
Phillips

Korchinski-Allan
EDM-Levshunov
Roos-Crevier
King

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Develop under who? The best coaches aren’t in the ahl, a tomato can league
Rockford has an actual system in place and the skill level is lower. It’s easier to learn there.

I get the argument that the team is bad, they are. But he’s exaggerating the problem with his shitty everything.

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
Develop under who? The best coaches aren’t in the ahl, a tomato can league
I disagree with this. Yes the best coaches are in the NHL but I think that is from more of a tactical sense than a development sense. Quenneville, for instance, was a great coach when it came to winning games but had no interest in developing young players.

When players go to the AHL, they can concentrate more on improving their game and won't get benched for making mistakes. Playing in the AHL can also help a player improve his confidence. Look at Vlasic or Kaiser before and after playing in the AHL for half a season.

Reactions: d rake and GIADF

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Well I'm not sure if we're in "oh yeah, you know who didn't play in the AHL? Connor McDavid. Checkmate" levels here... but I disagree that getting thrown to the wolves and getting crushed in the NHL when not ready is better than playing a big role and developing confidence in the AHL.

"Instructional coaches" and "Tactical coaches" are very different as people point out. Fundamentally, the AHL is a developmental league, so development is the goal. Reichel got a whole season of gifted ice time and couldn't stand up to it. I'm not sure what trying to do that even earlier accomplishes.

Most guys that play multiple years in the AHL "suck", not because they were playing in the AHL, they were playing in the AHL because they "suck". The causal chain is off.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I will say, I'm glad that Kyle is at least willing to admit he was wrong about Korchinski.

Doesn't mean he ever should have made the mistake to begin with, but at least he acknowledges it for what it was.

Stanley, on the other head, never owned up to rushing prospects. Kirby was up, and he never went down. Sabotaged his trajectory.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Korchinski probably should have stayed in Juniors last year.....hopefully, he's not damaged mental goods now.....but that doesn't mean KD was wrong for drafting him.....there's still a lot to work with here...not ready now doesn't mean bust. Reichel, on the other hand is knocking on bust status if he doesn't show anything this year......with Nazar going down, it looks like he'll get a chance at the onset.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I know it's just pre-season - but really disappointed with how the Hawks have looked. I knew we'd still be bad, but expected the team to be more competitive. The Wild (not a world-beating team) had more NHL'ers playing, but they COMPLETELY outclassed the Hawks. Even if you are light on skill - that doesn't mean that you're defensive coverage should be terrible. The Hawks seems to be completely unprepared with some very basic aspects of the game, and that's on coaching.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I will say, I'm glad that Kyle is at least willing to admit he was wrong about Korchinski.

Doesn't mean he ever should have made the mistake to begin with, but at least he acknowledges it for what it was.

Stanley, on the other head, never owned up to rushing prospects. Kirby was up, and he never went down. Sabotaged his trajectory.
Clown statement bro

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I know it's just pre-season - but really disappointed with how the Hawks have looked. I knew we'd still be bad, but expected the team to be more competitive. The Wild (not a world-beating team) had more NHL'ers playing, but they COMPLETELY outclassed the Hawks. Even if you are light on skill - that doesn't mean that you're defensive coverage should be terrible. The Hawks seems to be completely unprepared with some very basic aspects of the game, and that's on coaching.

No matter how much you change roster over we still have Richardson behind bench so expecting improvement seems a reach

Hawks need to move on from Richardson mistake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad