GDT: 2024 Blackhawks training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
When Richardson goes on and on about Smith, and if he plays him on 2nd line, you know we are in for long season. I see Hall gone at or before end of season. AA, Martinez and Brodie in same boat.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
When Richardson goes on and on about Smith, and if he plays him on 2nd line, you know we are in for long season. I see Hall gone at or before end of season. AA, Martinez and Brodie in same boat.
Be interested to see with Brodie. The 2nd year might scare people off. But McCabe's retention ends at end of the year so that isn't a huge deal.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Nazar just got an early Christmas present. With AA and Reichel getting dummied so hard they should be sent to the ECHL, he has a chance for that 2C spot. Kurashev is likely more effective as a wing there and AA is clearly not an option.

But he has to play well Friday. If he does I think the spot is his.

Reactions: Dead Meat

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nazar just got an early Christmas present. With AA and Reichel getting dummied so hard they should be sent to the ECHL, he has a chance for that 2C spot. Kurashev is likely more effective as a wing there and AA is clearly not an option.

He needs to play his ass off these next two games.

The spot is there for the taking, but he still has to earn it.

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

With Reichel - can someone explain what happened? I know it was a small sample size - but he had a great stretch late in 2022 and he has just flatlined after that. You can correctly say that 2022 was garbage time on a bad team - but all of last year was garbage time on a bad team as well. I don't think this is a "skill" issue where he doesn't have the ability to be a scoring line forward, which makes it a "will" issue. I just don't understand how a guy who has the opportunity he does to be such a train wreck on the ice.

Reactions: dj Mahoney

giza

Jul 19, 2011
With Reichel - can someone explain what happened? I know it was a small sample size - but he had a great stretch late in 2022 and he has just flatlined after that. You can correctly say that 2022 was garbage time on a bad team - but all of last year was garbage time on a bad team as well. I don't think this is a "skill" issue where he doesn't have the ability to be a scoring line forward, which makes it a "will" issue. I just don't understand how a guy who has the opportunity he does to be such a train wreck on the ice.
They should talk to his parents on how to motivate him......seems to be a little pouty and withdrawn....he might just be a streaky player at best.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Honestly it just looks like he has lost all confidence out there. He doesn't assert himself. Doesn't trust his speed. Doesn't take anyone wide (I swear that 9/10 times he just curls with the puck inside the blueline). Is not getting to the dirty areas. He looks like someone who has gotten into his own head. I don't know what the answer is. I haven't completely given up on him becoming a good NHLer, but certainly his time, especially with the Hawks, is ticking to figure it out.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Reichel seems to have a lot in common with former Blackhawk Martin Havlat. Let's hope he can be half as good.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

It would be pointless to keep Nazar up to be 11/12/13/14 Forward, he's not an NHL 2nd Line Center right now. Best for him to go and get guaranteed Top 6 ice time in the AHL.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
My Opening night Lineup

Bertuzzi-Bedard-Teravainen
Hall-Kurashev-Mikheyev
Foligno-Dickinson-Smith
Maroon-Donato-Anderson
Athanasiou/Reichel

Martinez-Jones
Vlasic-Murphy
Brodie-Allen
Phillips

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Well good for Allan. I hope he plays next to Murphy and not Brodie. Phillips I’m guessing riding the press box.

That 2C spot makes me cry

IT’S ALLAN PEOPLE NOT ALLEN. IF HE IS GOING TO BE HERE GET HIS NAME RIGHT.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad