Prospect Info: 2024 Avs Development Camp Thread (July 3rd to 5th)

Who are you most excited to see?

• Total voters

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I mean unless he sticks with the team that's basically the only place he can play. I highly doubt he wants to play in Europe.
be cool though if he could go play someplace nice and alongside a guy with an Avs history, Andrighetto, Mueller, etc.

Hope they change the rules somehow next go around so some of these kids can get to the AHL sooner.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
absolutely wild that the two prospects with legit NHL potential stand out in a group of dudes that will be lucky to play AHL

how can these media guys attend these events every year, watch the same results, and get hyped year after year lol
That was literally my only tweet about on-ice stuff today. A simple observation. Guess you can’t win here.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I would hope Ritchie at minimum gets his contract signed and gets a 9 game look, ESPECIALLY if the Avs are missing 62 and 13 to start and potentially even 92 and 25.

What do you have to lose?

I know some will disagree, but there's no point in sending him back to the OHL.

It would be his 4th OHL season where he turns 20 years old in January. He already had his dominant season this past season. His team went to the OHL Finals, he had 30 points in the playoffs. He's 6'2" and almost 200 pounds.

Nothing else to learn. Time to acclimatize to pro hockey.

That was literally my only tweet about on-ice stuff today. A simple observation. Guess you can’t win here.

Stop doing your job, loser.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019

It would be his 4th OHL season where he turns 20 years old in January. He already had his dominant season this past season. His team went to the OHL Finals, he had 30 points in the playoffs. He's 6'2" and almost 200 pounds.

Is he strong enough? Can we get him to start juicing? Would anyone notice? All of our drug tests would be targeted at Val

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

It is rock and a hard place with Ritchie. Ideally he's in the AHL getting his feet wet there. The CHL/NHL transfer rules prohibit that. I'd say the NHL is a bit too much for him right now. Not that he'd be ruined (I don't think prospects really get ruined that way), but he'd likely hurt the team.

I'd personally wait to see him in camp and if he's on the edge, give him the 9 games to see. It'd be pretty clear then.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I've been of the opinion that he should be up with the NHL club for a long time now. Use him in the Wyatt Johnston role on the 3rd line with Landeskog. You're not expecting Johnston-like results because I think Johnston has a legit case to go 1st overall in a redraft, but the same sort of role could be had.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Nichushkin (lol)
Lehkonen - Mittelstadt - Rantanen
Landeskog - Colton - Ritchie
Wood - IDGAF - LOC

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I wish they could sen Ritchie to Switzerland or something if he isn't ready for NHL. Guess that isn't possible though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The best bet for Ritchie is to go to Suisse and play in the NLA as Matthews did. I just don't understand why more players don't consider this, is it ignorance? Suisse is one of the top 5 most beautiful places on earth with zero crime and the travel time between games is at an all-time minimum due to its size. It's like heaven.

I would hope Ritchie at minimum gets his contract signed and gets a 9 game look, ESPECIALLY if the Avs are missing 62 and 13 to start and potentially even 92 and 25.

What do you have to lose?
I don't think we've even signed him yet.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
The best bet for Ritchie is to go to Suisse and play in the NLA as Matthews did. I just don't understand why more players don't consider this, is it ignorance? Suisse is one of the top 5 most beautiful places on earth with zero crime and the travel time between games is at an all-time minimum due to its size. It's like heaven.

Agreed 100%! - I'm just not sure if prospects out of CHL can do that?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I agree on Ritchie. IMO he should stay up. Playing with great pros like Landy he would learn a lot more than going back to Oshawa. Start him on the W and slowly starts to give him a few shifts at 3C while moving Colton to his W where IMO he fits better anyway. If he struggles at 3C on those occasional shifts then keep him on the W.

Reactions: arun

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

I don't think we've even signed him yet.
Europe is far away and unknown to most guys. It's simply scary to leave your comfort zone and move half the world away.

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I’m not going to wish the AHL on anyone and certainly not early so he can learn how to play pro hockey like TJ Tynan. Ideally he’d play in the NHL, go to WJC and finish in Oshawa with another OHL championship run. I kinda hate the split seasons but in his case it would be ideal. But that takes a contract and org commitment so Ritchie’s best plan of action is to score as much as he possibly can in the OHL and WJC to hopefully get some urgency out of the org so he has an actual real shot in fall of 25 before starting his lifelong AHL career.

Ritchie wore two different colors in different sessions. He was in white with the small group, burgundy in the full group later. The skill, polish and talent was there. He wasn’t afraid to mess up and battle. He was doing what he needs to be at this point,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad