Prospect Info: 2024 August - Who is Detroit's #12 prospect?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is Detroit's #12 prospect?

• LW - Elmer Söderblom

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • LW - Jakub Rychlovsky

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • C - Amadeus Lombardi

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • C - Ondrej Becher

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • F - Noah Dower-Nilsson

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • RW - Jesse Kiiskinen

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • D - Shai Buium

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • RD - Antti Tuomisto

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • RD - Anton Johansson

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • G - Carter Gylander

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Buchelnikov and Plante are the winners. I'll accelerate the voting a bit, if there's 2 clear winners, add them both straight on the rank.

Now you can vote for 2 options.

1. C Nate Danielson - 57.6% (1st round, 9th overall, 2023)
2. RD Axel Sandin Pellikka - 58.9% (1st round, 17th overall, 2023)
3. G Sebastian Cossa - 41.8% (15th overall, 1st round 2021 draft)
4. C Marco Kasper - 65.9% (1st round, 8th overall, 2022)
5. RW Michael Brandsegg-Nygård - 79.5% (1st round, 15th overall, 2024)
6. G Trey Augustine - 40.3% (41st overall, 2nd round 2023 draft)
7. RW Carter Mazur - 49.3% (70th overall, 3rd round 2021 draft)
8. D Albert Johansson - 54.8% (60th overall, 3rd round 2019 draft)
9. LD William Wallinder - 42.3% (32nd overall, 2nd round 2020 draft)
10. W Dmitri Buchelnikov - 30.8% (2nd round, 52nd overall, 2022)
11. C/LW Max Plante - 24.4% (2nd round, 47th overall, 2024)

Noah Dower-Nilsson & Jakub Rychlovsky added.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Going this deep, I'll go with a couple likely to see some NHL ice this season for a look-see this coming season if opportunity knocks...Elmer and Shai. I am still bullish on An-Jo from the little I have seen of him, I think he'll be a good NHL 3rd pair RD, just not sure long term it is the wings. Big year for Tuo too, we'll see what a potential bigger role brings for him.

Reactions: lilidk

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Glad we spent over a week on some polls that were decided in days, just so we could completely skip other polls later on.

We should have had a dry run before the draft, so we can quickly re-do ranking with newly drafted prospects

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
This one is labeled August. We gotta hurry this shit up so we don't fall behind in doing our September ranking!
It’s taken 58 days to post 11 polls (the poll for #1 was labeled June). Now that we’re skipping every other poll, we should get through the top-20 just in time for the season :thumbu:

Reactions: raymond23

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It’s taken 58 days to post 11 polls (the poll for #1 was labeled June). Now that we’re skipping every other poll, we should get through the top-20 just in time for the season :thumbu:
All the more reason to speed things along so we can get the Rookie camp rankings in before we finish the pre-season ranking.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Going this deep, I'll go with a couple likely to see some NHL ice this season for a look-see this coming season if opportunity knocks...Elmer and Shai. I am still bullish on An-Jo from the little I have seen of him, I think he'll be a good NHL 3rd pair RD, just not sure long term it is the wings. Big year for Tuo too, we'll see what a potential bigger role brings for him.
How on earth is Shai likely to see the NHL this season?

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Would also question how likely it is, but whoever plays the best out of Wallinder/Buium could definitely be first in line for a call-up.
Sure, first kid in line for a call up... if we were to somehow burn through Maatta, Holl, & Lagesson we have penciled in to the 7, 8, 9 D spots

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Sure, first kid in line for a call up... if we were to somehow burn through Maatta, Holl, & Lagesson we have penciled in to the 7, 8, 9 D spots
I expect one of those 3 players traded by US Thanksgiving if both Ed and Al-Jo are solid out of camp and then one or maybe two then waived and in GR (two if one of the three is not traded).

I would be more than shocked if the wings get through another season without some (multiple) injuries to the defense group, so depending upon their play and where the wings are in the season, one of Wallinder/Buium will likely be called up if they want someone to actually play versus sit in the press box for a 3-5 game injury fill-in stint.

We'll see after the preseason and the AHL season goes on, but I suspect Buium will be the one tapped for a cup of coffee when the time comes, maybe both will see some action if the need is either side of the All Star break.

The driving things will be the time of the year (likely after the TDL), the standings, how the wings are playing and of course the quality of competition for those games, but the wings need to start getting kids exposed as opportunity presents itself, and I am sure they will.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Glad we spent over a week on some polls that were decided in days, just so we could completely skip other polls later on.
Field+Notes+notebook+filled+with+repeating+patterns.

Pictured: @Henkka's methodology :sarcasm:

(I kid in good fun Henkka, someone's gotta do these polls and you step up)

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Don't doubt Henkka!

This poll clearly has 3 winners, because that's how voting works. One more poll of who's the #15 prospect should get us to top 20 in no time
It's clearly Buium and after that between Lombardi and Soderblom

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
Once camp breaks, we should start the next polling cycle with voting for #1 again, while at the same time trying to get this one through the top-20 (but don't count camp performances while voting for this one, just the new one). By my calculations we should be at #14 by then... and #1 (but the new #1, not the #1 from this polling cycle, this one will be on #14). If we can't get this one through the top-20 by midseason, I would actually vote to just end it (that vote will be in a separate poll). We should be on #11 for the post-camp polling cycle by then, and I know I might sound crazy, but having three polling cycles going at once does seem a bit much. I'm ok with it if everyone else is tho.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Once camp breaks, we should start the next polling cycle with voting for #1 again, while at the same time trying to get this one through the top-20 (but don't count camp performances while voting for this one, just the new one). By my calculations we should be at #14 by then... and #1 (but the new #1, not the #1 from this polling cycle, this one will be on #14). If we can't get this one through the top-20 by midseason, I would actually vote to just end it (that vote will be in a separate poll). We should be on #11 for the post-camp polling cycle by then, and I know I might sound crazy, but having three polling cycles going at once does seem a bit much. I'm ok with it if everyone else is tho.
I would probably start a poll to see what people think about this, just to be sure.

• Haha
Reactions: ricky0034

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
How about if one polling cycle starts while another is still finishing, we do a flash poll round to finish off the old one? Something like "here's the remaining relevant prospects in our system, vote for your three favorites," and we just grab the highest voted players to fill in the remaining spots.

Yes there are problems with this approach. It would encourage strategic voting "I know X is the best so I'll leave them out to help Y squeak in," and it punishes similar players, to name two. Overall though, I think it would be the most expedient way to find a more than acceptable ranking of our bottom-ranked prospects (and who really cares about whether a guy is 17 instead of 15).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad