GDT: 2024 ALDS: (2) Cleveland Guardians vs (6) Detroit Tigers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CLE vs DET

• Guardians in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guardians in 4

• Tigers in 4

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Neither team has any deep starting pitching so you'd think its a tossup. Would not expect either to get past the Yankees if we assume they likely come out of that other side

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Neither team has any deep starting pitching so you'd think its a tossup. Would not expect either to get past the Yankees if we assume they likely come out of that other side

How many times have we've seen New York come up short in the postseason now?

No clue what is next. Just going to keep enjoying the ride.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Guardians in 4. I absolutely love how the Tigers played their cards to get this far but i'd be very concerned if you can sustain that in a scenario where you need more than 2 games to win a series.

Still, hats off to them. No one expected them to even be in the playoffs, let alone upsetting an old stalwart in the Astros. Getting in was big, winning a series is even bigger. Playing with house money.

There's a difference between lack of pitching depth and having to take a blender to your bullpen every other day. I'm halfway surprised Hinch's madness actually worked against Houston given how volatile the strategy can be. Dude went through more guys that one would think to seal game 1 and then he threw the kitchen sink at the Astros to seal game 2. Absolutely unhinged bullpen management but i also kinda respect it lmao. Anything and everything to get the win.

If Detroit is to win this series i think they need to do something you almost never see today and that's to get the ball to Skubal 3 times.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Tigers in 5.

When you have an ace like Skubal, who can pitch Game 2 and 5 on normal rest, you are dangerous.

I would think Detroit will have to trust 1 of Mize/Olson/Montero to go fairly deep in 1 of the other games.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tigers in 5.

When you have an ace like Skubal, who can pitch Game 2 and 5 on normal rest, you are dangerous.

I would think Detroit will have to trust 1 of Mize/Olson/Montero to go fairly deep in 1 of the other games.
Probably need 4-5 from Montero. 3 innings is deep for anyone other than Skubal. It’s just how Hinch is running the staff. Probably gonna get an opener somewhere. It’s worked, so don’t fix a problem that doesn’t exist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad