GDT: 2024 ALDS: (1) New York Yankees vs (5) Kansas City Royals

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NYY vs KCR

• Yankees in 3

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yankees in 4

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yankees in 5

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Royals in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Royals in 4

• Royals in 5

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
New York has the advantage offensively. Kansas City has the pitching advantage.

Feels like we have seen this story before.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I've gotten a flood of messages from my brother,cousins/uncles giving me grief about the Astros being eliminated. They better hope that the Yanks advance or I'm never letting them live this down.

Yanks in 3.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I've gotten a flood of messages from my brother,cousins/uncles giving me grief about the Astros being eliminated. They better hope that the Yanks advance or I'm never letting them live this down.

Yanks in 3.
In 2004, I had been working frozen food at a supermarket, and when I could get away with it, in the ALCS and World Series I was wearing my Red Sox hat on the clock. Had to give it up a couple days after. Anyways like a week or so late, this guy who i knew to be a regular customer, but never spoken to, is there wearing a shirt that has a graphic depicting how many more World Series trophies the Yankees had over the Red Sox, and it pointed out something about how that year didn’t make up for all the others the Yankees won. He took a long time and was making sure I saw it. Just extraordinary levels of bitterness.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
In 2004, I had been working frozen food at a supermarket, and when I could get away with it, in the ALCS and World Series I was wearing my Red Sox hat on the clock. Had to give it up a couple days after. Anyways like a week or so late, this guy who i knew to be a regular customer, but never spoken to, is there wearing a shirt that has a graphic depicting how many more World Series trophies the Yankees had over the Red Sox, and it pointed out something about how that year didn’t make up for all the others the Yankees won. He took a long time and was making sure I saw it. Just extraordinary levels of bitterness.
I've come across more than a few people lik that . With my family its usually all in good fun but after the cheating thing came to light a couple of my cousins have been dickish from time to time. It wasn't too bad back in 2022 though , because every single one of them had already given up on the season when their offense completely disappeared towards the last couple months of it. They fully expected us to beat them anyways. This year they've been guardedly optimistic and I guess that kicked into overdrive after we got swept . Jerks lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad