GDT: 2024 AL Wild Card Series: (3) Houston Astros vs. (6) Detroit Tigers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HOU vs DET

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Major props to the Tigers. They were just happy to be there and yet they beat the Astros, in Houston no less.

I'm not sure Hinch's bullpen chaos is sustainable in a 5 game series as opposed to 3 but something tells me no one really cares.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Knew Hader was trouble ever since he blew a save to Davis Schneider earlier this season, lol.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
hopefully this is the last we see of the astros* for a long time
Gotta wait to see how next year pans out before that. Wouldn't shock me to see them regress more or if they somehow bounce back and win 90-100 games with another ALCS appearance. They're at a weird crossroads.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
hopefully this is the last we see of the astros* for a long time

f*** them but 2022 shows the asterik thing is dumb. their run was legit.

It's hard to see them ever going on a deep run again to ALCS/WS, but they might make the playoffs by next year and beyond by virtue of the ALW sucking ass.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
f*** them but 2022 shows the asterik thing is dumb. their run was legit.

It's hard to see them ever going on a deep run again to ALCS/WS, but they might make the playoffs by next year and beyond by virtue of the ALW sucking ass.

If Seattle ever stops sucking big Rhino turds, they can give Houston a run for their money, heck even Texas.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Congrats to Detroit. Don't understand why they can't win at home. 0-7 in their last home playoff games. Last of bregman? Probably. I don't think this is the last of them. Have a shot next year but after that, bye bye Tucker and Valdez. Will Crane spend to replace them??

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Congrats to Detroit. Don't understand why they can't win at home. 0-7 in their last home playoff games. Last of bregman? Probably. I don't think this is the last of them. Have a shot next year but after that, bye bye Tucker and Valdez. Will Crane spend to replace them??
It's a complete mystery. I'd wager ths only reason they won it back in 2022 was because the BP went God mode and shut the door on any late inning comebacks. Their home performance has been infuriating since then.

I also think we have 1 very last run in us but it has to be next year with a healthy Tucker/Alvarez. After that the future looks uncertain.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
While I wasn't expecting anything, I had three reason why I preferred Houston over Baltimore.

1) Detroit hadn't played Houston since June
2) AJ Hinch had a history with some of these guys.
3) It's a best of three series. If Detroit could win game one, all bets are off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad