GDT: 2024 AL Wild Card Series: (3) Houston Astros vs. (6) Detroit Tigers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HOU vs DET

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Surprising how many people don't know the rule and think the Heyward ball was fair. If that ball had bounced before the base, yes it would have been fair but since it was a linedrive over it had to land fair, clearly didn't.

He's been hittin the ball hard and just missing two huge hits and RBI's 2 games in a row now.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Houston much like Milwaukee the ball just does not carry when the roof is closed, that shot is gone or at least off the wall if its open

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Hope and then hits into a DP. One of those games. Brown has gotta keep on doing what he's doing. That being said , I'm optimistic that we will finally break through. As long as we can do it before Detroit does,

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I think if Detroit is gonna win this its gotta be here or in the 6th, just think if it goes 0-0 to the 7th the Astros are gonna sneak out a win probably

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That should not have been an out. The ball bounced off the Tigers glove. Ne never had control of it.

I felt the same. I think Houston replay staff probably saw that too but felt it was not worth a challenge given the fact it was in the glove for a second and did not think it would be overturned

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Last strong chance for Detroit IMO. After this its likely the 10th. Hold them here I think Astros win this 1-0 or 2-0.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The problem with this is I just doubt KC or DET can hang with CLE or NYY so you end up with a watered down postseason which was the risk by expanding the number of teams in.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Bummer ... But you get what you deserve. Offense has 12 outs to stave off elimination. On the plus side that means I will have a stress free October.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
No idea who Detroit closes this out with given they burned the heck out of the pen yesterday late.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
That should not have been an out. The ball bounced off the Tigers glove. Ne never had control of it.

I felt the same. I think Houston replay staff probably saw that too but felt it was not worth a challenge given the fact it was in the glove for a second and did not think it would be overturned

Clearly an out and a catch based on baseball's interpretation, would have been a thrown away challenge.

Astros are garbage.

Unhittable pitch....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad