GDT: 2024 AL Wild Card Series: (3) Houston Astros vs. (6) Detroit Tigers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HOU vs DET

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Detroit does not even have a named starter tomorrow. Assuming this score holds I like the chances of this being only the 2nd ever wild card series to go 3 games as of now.
Detroit doesn't really use starters other than Skubal. Olson and Mize kinda are, but they both missed most of the second half of the season

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Yeah, Detroit has been accustomed to doing the bullpen patchwork thing for most of the season. But especially since trading Flaherty away while both Olson and Mize were on the IL.

Maeda was their #2/3 starter to begin the season and he didn't make the playoff roster due to being so bad.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Let's get this started. Does our 7 year streak of ALCS appearances end today? Maybe but I have no complaints. It's been a ride and a half. That said I still expect us to win today but if we don't then so be it. Houston is at a weird spot. Might lose Bregman this year and Tucker the next. Add in a lackluster farm system and I have no clue what the future will hold. So enjoy this while it lasts Houston fans ( sadly most are entitled little babies) .

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Bregman almost certainly going to be a Met you'd think unless he takes less money to stay. Mets cannot keep Vientos at 3B at all

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Bregman almost certainly going to be a Met you'd think unless he takes less money to stay. Mets cannot keep Vientos at 3B at all
I can definitely see that. I would love to keep him but if we have to lose him to pay for Tucker next year then you do that without question.

As for Tucker....I have severe doubts that our owner will give him a mega contract that he will probaly end up getting. We haven't handed out more than 6 years 100 and whatever million extensions. Tucker is gonna get paid considerably more than that on the market. He has been battling injury so that could play a huge role in how much he makes as well if he can't stay healthy next year.

Brown looks sharp .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad