GDT: 2024 AL Wild Card Series: (3) Houston Astros vs. (6) Detroit Tigers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HOU vs DET

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Not being forced to use Skubal today certainly helps. But I have zero expectations here.

It was stated during one of the Tigers games last week that they have the most rookies on a roster to ever reach the playoffs in the Wild Card era.

No clue which team holds that record outside of them.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
2 years in the expanded wild card era, small sample but only 1 wildcard series went 3 games. Padres Mets 2022. I am thinking taking one team or the other in 2 is the smart play. Houston in 2. But I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit goes on a run either. We've seen time and time again these teams who get hot late in the season continue staying hot. Every post season it seems like there is a team like this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not being forced to use Skubal today certainly helps. But I have zero expectations here.

It was stated during one of the Tigers games last week that they have the most rookies on a roster to ever reach the playoffs in the Wild Card era.

No clue which team holds that record outside of them.
Probably the A’s. They had a whole rotation of rookies one year.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
2012 A's had jarrod parker, tom milone, aj griffin, and travis blackley all start 10+ games during the season and all were rookies

colon, brandon mccarthy, and brett anderson were the veteran starters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad