Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Sens did want Sanderson to leave college a year earlier, he would have likely still stepped in rather seamlessly and would have only been a few months older than Yak.

It's a bit of an assumption to assume it would have been as seamless a transition an entire season earlier.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
We will see if he is ready and get a better evaluation of where he is at when he starts in a few regular season games. The pace and the intensity will be increased and the teams will be playing all of their starting players. But from a small sample size in preseason he does not look out of place. He has been more noticeable than JBD, Hamonic, and Kleven. He hasn't made more mistakes than Chabot makes on a pretty regular basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The way Ottawa has played in the last few games, what's funny is whether they can afford not to give Yak 9 games if they want a good start.

Do you still rank them like this:

1. Buium
2. Dickenson
3. Levshunov
4. Silayev
5. Yakemchuk
6. Parekh

I’d have them (this is rankings long term of course)

1. Buium
2. Dickenson
3. Lev
4. Yakemchuk
5. Silayev
6. Parekh

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Green talked about the turnover, said he thought at first it was a bad one but after seeing the replay show it hit the ref, he thinks it was a smart play and could have led to a three on two, says the wingers did a good job pushing the play,

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Well that's progress!

I mean I was positive about Yak. I defended him multiple times earlier in the offseason before he played . He’s surprised me most about his improved defensive play and because Silayev handles the puck like a grenade and is a pure shut down guy to say why Yak jumped him for now .

Also I’ve mentioned it lots but I’m still an advocate for Yak to be sent back to junior . This is a player we cannot rush as he needs to still learn the game and grow into his body. I don’t want his offense stunted by being rushed to the NHL

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Also I’ve mentioned it lots but I’m still an advocate for Yak to be sent back to junior . This is a player we cannot rush as he needs to still learn the game and grow into his body. I don’t want his offense stunted by being rushed to the NHL

I think cooler heads will prevail in this department.

He was drafted as a project. I don't think that's changed.

For my part, I've given up assessing Senators' draft picks in cowardly fashion after eating crow on Tkachuk and Sanderson.

Reactions: BigRig4

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Still very early but a couple of Sens posters who are big mouth self proclaimed “draft gurus” looking pretty bad right now with their takes on Carter.
Seriously though, his offence won't translate 🤭

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad