Prospect Info: [2024 - 78th] Logan Sawyer (F)- Brooks Bandits (BCHL) - Committed to Providence College

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Too early imo

Why? Seems like he was doing very well in the BCHL already.

He'll be sheltered behind a bunch of older guys this year and will have a the inside track to their spot when all the 5th year guys leave to be replaced with younger guys.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

He'll be sheltered behind a bunch of older guys this year and will have a the inside track to their spot when all the 5th year guys leave to be replaced with younger guys.

He only had a few games in the BCHL and playoffs, his PPG dropped between AJHL and BCHL so he wasnt sustaining the same level of dominance. Cook another year and tear up the BCHL.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002

The BCHL sucks the hockey is very watered down, mostly kids that can't make the WHL and who want to goto school. It has a place in sports, but I wouldn't be overly excited to grab a prospect from there. Newhook, meh .. you get the odd one that turns out to be a 2nd-3rd liner, but if they can't make the transition to the WHL at some point its not a great league to judge talent.

I'm glad he's on his way to school to play some better hockey

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
The BCHL sucks the hockey is very watered down, mostly kids that can't make the WHL and who want to goto school. It has a place in sports, but I wouldn't be overly excited to grab a prospect from there. Newhook, meh .. you get the odd one that turns out to be a 2nd-3rd liner, but if they can't make the transition to the WHL at some point its not a great league to judge talent.

I'm glad he's on his way to school to play some better hockey
Did you ever watch Paul Kariya, or even Brett Hull in the BCHL? I was too young to see Hull, but I did see Kariya on Penticton a few times.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Did you ever watch Paul Kariya, or even Brett Hull in the BCHL? I was too young to see Hull, but I did see Kariya on Penticton a few times.

No, in the early 90's I was trolling for poon on Skaha beach in Penticton I didn't follow jr hockey just the Habs. To be fair the BCHL was 10x the league back then, it's awful now.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
No, in the early 90's I was trolling for poon on Skaha beach in Penticton I didn't follow jr hockey just the Habs. To be fair the BCHL was 10x the league back then, it's awful now.
Yeah, I wasn't bringing those anomalies up to try to discredit that claim, I was just recalling your locale and curious if you got to see them at all. I attended many local games from 89-93ish, puberty years for me, and attending said games definitely involved a social aspect you've crudely alluded to. LOL.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, I wasn't bringing those anomalies up to try to discredit that claim, I was just recalling your locale and curious if you got to see them at all. I attended many local games from 89-93ish, puberty years for me, and attending said games definitely involved a social aspect you've crudely alluded to. LOL.
To be fair I also never got any poon even with my sweet mullet. We still see Scott Gomez wiz by on his wakeboat and Weber , Jorge’s etc on the okanagan side.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
To be fair I also never got any poon even with my sweet mullet. We still see Scott Gomez wiz by on his wakeboat and Weber , Jorge’s etc on the okanagan side.
A friend of a friend allegedly got intimate with Gomez in the Surrey Eagles rink.

Didn’t realize how much BCHL I could talk.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Good choice. He'll get NCAA coaching and facilities right off the bat rather than waste another year in a subpar league. He needs a lot of work though, I'm not expecting much production this year at all. If he produces, it's just a great bonus.

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yes!!! That's what I want for both Sawyer and Merrill.

I prefer they start their NCAA careers now than play another year or BCHL.

Hope to get similar news regarding Merrill at some point soon.

Doesn't look like Merrill will start at Harvard, he's not listed as an incoming Freshman on their website.

Sawyer is going to be with one of the top coaches in the NCAA imo so that should help him. The only Hab prospect he'll face is Fowler, 3 times - Nov 19th, Jan 17th/18th.

Providence is playing in a tournament at Lake Placid vs Houle's Clarkson,

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Hage going to U. Of Michigan next year.
Great program
I know that, but I'm wondering why cant he make the jump right now? Too raw? Too young?

Edit : B Tkachuk was already in college when drafted iirc, so can't be because of age?

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I know that, but I'm wondering why cant he make the jump right now? Too raw? Too young?

Edit : B Tkachuk was already in college when drafted iirc, so can't be because of age?
He will be in the NCAA starting next season. Same as Sawyer. If you ask why Hage wasn't there predraft, it seems pretty easy to understand based on his track record, injury history and familial struggles.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
For me, he is the most intriguing prospect to watch this year.

I can't wait to see his progression in NCAA level.

Reactions: cphabs

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Doesn't look like Merrill will start at Harvard, he's not listed as an incoming Freshman on their website.

Sawyer is going to be with one of the top coaches in the NCAA imo so that should help him. The only Hab prospect he'll face is Fowler, 3 times - Nov 19th, Jan 17th/18th.

Providence is playing in a tournament at Lake Placid vs Houle's Clarkson,

Where do yo find the 2024-25 roster? I only see last years roster on thier website.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00