Prospect Info: 2024 72nd Overall - Anthony AJ Spellacy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Kid has WHEELS for days. Hawks collecting all the good skaters (sans Boisvert) in this draft.
How does one stupid poster manage to perpetuate shit like this across intelligent posters? Boisvert's skating is good. Most have it above average. Literally every prospect analysis says he's a strong skater. But Musto screamed about it in the very first post about him, and somehow that sticks. :laugh:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
How does one stupid poster manage to perpetuate shit like this across intelligent posters? Boisvert's skating is good. Most have it above average. Literally every prospect analysis says he's a strong skater. But Musto screamed about it in the very first post about him, and somehow that sticks. :laugh:
I'm talking about as far as speed, acceleration and edges. Boisvert's skating is fine but compared to Mustard, Spellacy and Levshunov he's definitely behind them.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm talking about as far as speed, acceleration and edges. Boisvert's skating is fine but compared to Mustard, Spellacy and Levshunov he's definitely behind them.
"all the good skaters(sans Boisvert)" implies that Boisvert isn't a good skater. Just sayin.

His edge work looks fine. He may not be a burner, but he's long. He'll have long strides. Those guys can usually get going pretty good.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
"all the good skaters(sans Boisvert)" implies that Boisvert isn't a good skater. Just sayin.

His edge work looks fine. He may not be a burner, but he's long. He'll have long strides. Those guys can usually get going pretty good.

He's a fine skater. Not bad by any means, I wouldn't say good either. But his skating mechanics are definitely good. He just needs to get stronger. I like Boisvert personally. Not to completely derail this thread since it's about Spellacy though.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Says he most admires Tom Wilson cause other teams are scared of him :laugh:

"If they're scared of you, they're not going to do their best against you"

Love it
That was a great and thoughtful response , as well as music to the ear's !!! Dave's a KILLER !!!!!!! Look up in the sky , it's a bird , no it's a plane , No It's A J Spellacy !! What's not to like Speedy , smart and mean ?

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Interviewer: "Free-safeties like to hit though right?"
The kid smiles then says some shit like, "yeah, having that mindset of being a killer out there."

Sold me. Let's go baby.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I've always said that I think if Levshunov grew up in the U.S. he'd be playing SEC football based on his build and athleticism, and then the Hawks draft a guy that had legitimate D1 offers. His size, athletic profile and the fact that he only went "all in" on hockey pretty recently make him an intriguing pick. Even if his offense never takes off, it's easy to see a world where he's a really nice complementary depth player and great forechecker.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

LOLOL this is so true. I too was initially misled by that same post.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2