Prospect Info: 2024 67th Overall - John Mustard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
And Ian Mitchell, and Dylan Strome, and Peter Reynolds, and so on and so on.
Wasn't wrong about Strome in the slightest.

At that point in time everyone had written him off as a bust.

I didn't.

He's now a 60+point player and Washington loves him.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022

I didn't.

The regular season production was never the issue with Strome. It was how incredibly ineffective he was in battles, getting to pucks, forechecking. He's not someone you win with.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Boisvert=Toews but MEANER..
Mustsrd=Ehlers...carries the puck all around the ozone with speed.. then not much results fromthe fancy dan spord+puck carfy show unless he is on a bteak'away.

Boisverya consensus esrlyv20s pick all srsdon long..
Mustard a divided opinion...fromm11 (on 1 rankingvI saw) to mid 4ps throughearlyv60s ...So a wide difference of opinion on.

Given thatvhevis a youngstervin the draft class there is lotscofcrunnway to improve in areas he needs to.
Electric speed though...but nreeds finish better on the chances he creates.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
This was a no-brainer pick.....he was rising up the charts and I think many believed he would be gone in the 2nd......Davidson is building a speed machine!

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

I didn't.

You are right that everyone wrote him off when he was in ARZ. He has been able to stick and be an effective point getter, that's for sure.

Where you were wrong is in your undying love for him, and thinking he is some great player, when he's pretty average. No one even saw him being average when we made the initial deal for him, so kudos to you for seeing that there was more there.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I think he is the youngest. another 45 days and he would be a 2025 draft prospect. I was not that happy with our first 3 picks in the draft. I have warmed up since. But I do think mustard and AJ are both going to play NHL games so 5 players that project as NHL prospects in a draft is solid.
Top line RD (maybe not a true #1) but RD with size and skating are very hard to find, 6-2/3 center with a Big shot and some toughness, A NHL avg sized wing with elite speed and compete, a 3rd line wing that was very young in his draft year and still was 2nd in goals as a rookie in USHL (elite speed and athlete) 6-3 205 bottom 6 center with toughness elite speed and athletics. our last 3 picks all have size and skating which is a good place to lean toward later in the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad