Prospect Info: [2024] 5th rd selection - #151 OA - C, Miroslav Holinka - HC Oceláři Třinec, ELH (6′1″/185lb)

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Should be interesting to see how he does in the WHL after playing against men

He should do pretty well physically, he's a big boy and competing against men tends to help you develop that side of your game but he's going to see some pretty highly skilled kids, interesting to see how he deals with that

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Should be interesting to see how he does in the WHL after playing against men

He should do pretty well physically, he's a big boy and competing against men tends to help you develop that side of your game but he's going to see some pretty highly skilled kids, interesting to see how he deals with that

I expect him to be more defensively responsible than most at his own age.

The real benefit is he's going to get to handle the puck a lot more, there are more games in the WHL season than he'd get in Czechia or if he played against men, not enough ice time to develop.

If he develops better passing and shooting skills, maybe there is a middle 6 centre there.

Reactions: Kiwi

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Holinka with another one at the U20 tournament

They have him listed as a center.

A versatile and efficient player with smooth hands and who offers quality defensive work due to his size. -EliteProspects 2024 NHL Draft Guide

So how many games are they playing?

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I know this is a lofty comparison and some people might think I'm getting a little bit out of hand for a kid that age that hasn't played North American competition yet, but when I watch Holinka do so much damage from between the face off circles, consistently displaying an accurate and effective shot, the skating ability to get open and vision to find enough open ice to get shots off, I'm reminded of another former Czech NHL'er... Martin Straka.

Obviously, if Holinka became 60% of Martin Straka, we'd be thrilled given his draft position. But I see shades...

Another guy that I think of at times is someone that I watched a ton when he was with thr Halifax Mooseheads. Holinka has some Timo Meier (although a right shot) in him too. I'm confident he comes to North America and is highly productive as an import.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
I know this is a lofty comparison and some people might think I'm getting a little bit out of hand for a kid that age that hasn't played North American competition yet, but when I watch Holinka do so much damage from between the face off circles, consistently displaying an accurate and effective shot, the skating ability to get open and vision to find enough open ice to get shots off, I'm reminded of another former Czech NHL'er... Martin Straka.

Obviously, if Holinka became 60% of Martin Straka, we'd be thrilled given his draft position. But I see shades...

Another guy that I think of at times is someone that I watched a ton when he was with thr Halifax Mooseheads. Holinka has some Timo Meier (although a right shot) in him too. I'm confident he comes to North America and is highly productive as an import.
You are just comparing their style. People will get bent out of shape over it, just because they want to.

I have no issue with it I understand your point. Hopefully other will too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad