Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Funnily enough, I think he would have been my target at 5 this draft if management picked Michkov last year and DR was a 2024 draftee. Reinbacher is definitely a really good fit with the makeup of the U25 roster.

Back to Demidov though, I think the thing Im most looking forward to is the PP magic with guys like Hutson, Suzuki, Slaf and Caufield. Can you imagine the cross ice passes to Caufield for a one time goal ? Or Hutson and Demidov both dangling the shit out of the opposition back to back ?

For us Habs fans who've had to suffer through Plekanec' shots to the chest and Pacioretty's complete inability to dangle (those were our two best offensive players), this isn't something we're used to. I can just imagine how wild the Bell Centre will be.
No, the thing you're most looking forward to is him taking the puck in his zone and going to score all by himself. It's so friggin refreshing to have someone that can do it on a regular basis. The PP stuff is fine and all, I think we were pretty much blessed with one of the best PP player of our time in Markov, I doubt Demidov separates himself a lot from him. Insane the rift between the offensive ability of Demidov and everyone else at ES. It's basically him and then either Matheson or Subban for "gamebreaker" at 5V5.

Now, of course I know this isn't exactlty how hockey should be looked at, but thats the mark of a true superstar IMO. Being able to score pretty much at will.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I have been obssesed with the Habs since I was 7 following Naslund, Smith, Richer, Lemieux and Roy on their way to the cup. After this draft, this is the most exciting group of Habs players I have seen assembled in my lifetime. Well done HuGo, Molson, Lapointe/Bobrov et al.
Yep. I started watching the Habs 88/89 season when they lost to the Flames.

This is easily the most talented promising cores we've had. Definitely the most skilled forward wise. Never had this much potential fire power.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Only thing stopping me from getting a Demidov jersey right now is I don't know what number he'll wear with the Habs.

Here's the thing Gallagher... either give up your number or you can wear it in Laval. Your choice.

Hope it’s 91.

I’ve always liked the number and it would look great on a dangling Russian star winger

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
For a high skill player consistency is the difference between a 1st line player and a 2nd line player. Think Kostitsyn. AK47 had all the skills and size, and when he was on he impacted the game. But he often didn't show up and so he was a 2nd liner. Be inconsistent enough and you are gone. Talent without work results in nothing.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Hughes said they didn't go to Florida to meet Demidov because they didn't want to show their high interest.

What I said.

But they have to start playing a smarter game from next year, they are getting extremely easy to read with these "ignore those we have interest in" tactic. The whole league knew they wanted Demidov they weren't hiding anything. So that's a big F for Hughes right there. This time it's without consequences, all the teams ahead got who they wanted, but it's not going to be like that every single year. We need better smokescreens.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Hope it’s 91.

I’ve always liked the number and it would look great on a dangling Russian star winger
27 or 47 for me

What I said.

But they have to start playing a smarter game from next year, they are getting extremely easy to read with these "ignore those we have interest in" tactic. The whole league knew they wanted Demidov they weren't hiding anything. So that's a big F for Hughes right there. This time it's without consequences, all the teams ahead got who they wanted, but it's not going to be like that every single year. We need better smokescreens.
It doesn't really matter. Tanking and related strategies should be less of a concern going forward.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
IMG_0750.png

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Nah thats just cope but it's a good day I don't want to get into this.
True. So I'll keep it short and not subjective. If you look at every player analysis online, they all say the same thing. It's not me but every scout/analyzer. They say his weaknesses are strength, defence and effort on the back check, and selfishness cause he plays like he's superman, tries to do everything by himself. A comp would be iso ball in basketball

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
later picks are a function of earlier picks, hard to play mind games as the draft proceeds but sure

I don't mean for today, I mean for big trades and next year's picks. The fact that even fans were aware they wanted Demidov (because someone talked about Demidov at last years draft - lol) - I consider things that needs to be fixed asap. They should feel like an unknown quantity.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
True. So I'll keep it short and not subjective. If you look at every player analysis online, they all say the same thing. It's not me but every scout/analyzer. They say his weaknesses are strength, defence and effort on the back check, and selfishness cause he plays like he's superman, tries to do everything by himself. A comp would be iso ball in basketball
Demidov literally has spent a whole year running head first into 5 players and deke-ing through defenses :laugh: Miss me with that cope shit.

Scouts/analyzers are wrong more often than my analog clock that doesn't work. Using them to make an argument is asinine and building your opinion of players through them is even worse.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It's insane how much he looks like Kovalev lol.

And like @Saundies said, I don't think I remember a pick that was seemingly so plug and play.

There's nothing glaring that HAS to be worked on. There's no 'pretty pleasing' the hockey gods that he'll grow or fill out or get faster or work harder. Of course he needs to keep working hard and what not like any young player does but nothing we have to really worry about

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
There's nothing glaring that HAS to be worked on. There's no 'pretty pleasing' the hockey gods that he'll grow or fill out or get faster or work harder. Of course he needs to keep working hard and what not like any young player does but nothing we have to really worry about
Whether he booms or not is not the question, I'm glad the Habs swung for a real high-upside player who is NOT a project, does NOT have to get a toolbox or fix something or what have you.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00