Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Now that the shock has worn off and I'm lucid again, I can't express how ecstatic I am. My pick for the Habs was Sennecke only because I didn't want to be let down again by believing that Demidov would be available. The fact that he was there and we actually picked him pretty much short circuited my brain. So, Hab fans can have nice things after all. Who woulda thought, omg..........
Right before the pick I was mentally preparing for it to be a D.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Michkov is still better but it's all right. Knowing the Habs will have 33% of the Russian first line is amazing.

You can say michkov is more talented but we don't know which will be better in an NHL format. A big difference between the two is michkov is much lazier and actively sucks at defence whereas demidov is the opposite. Also gotta factor in their size. So is michkovs talent so much greater to make up for his obvious deficiencies. I think not

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
David Reinbacher is probably happier than fans.

Funnily enough, I think he would have been my target at 5 this draft if management picked Michkov last year and DR was a 2024 draftee. Reinbacher is definitely a really good fit with the makeup of the U25 roster.

Back to Demidov though, I think the thing Im most looking forward to is the PP magic with guys like Hutson, Suzuki, Slaf and Caufield. Can you imagine the cross ice passes to Caufield for a one time goal ? Or Hutson and Demidov both dangling the shit out of the opposition back to back ?

For us Habs fans who've had to suffer through Plekanec' shots to the chest and Pacioretty's complete inability to dangle (those were our two best offensive players), this isn't something we're used to. I can just imagine how wild the Bell Centre will be.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Kent was grinning like a little school girl when Demidov was still on the board lmao

Especially when the cameras panned to the Habs' table just before our first pick and our brass, including Hughes, seemed to me were still unsure about who to pick. Well played Kent, well played lol
He was smiling and looking around like he was gonna trade that thing man haha

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is he going to make the team out of camp, if not, where's he playing next year?

Still has 1 year left in Russia. So it will depend if SKA will play him in the KHL, VHL or send him back down to MHL.

He is not signing an extension there so SKA might not have incentive to play him in the KHL.

So he should be coming over for 2025-26.

TheFutureisBright

Mar 2, 2015
Toronto
Will we hear , he need to be in the ahl over and over lol
Although if it means he can get used to NA rinks, put on more weight, we could have our 1st Calder recepient in a long time (who was the last one?)

Hey, don't knock Skippy. He may not be much of a skater, but that puppet can fight!
Yeah, he is just at the right height level that he can hit you in the nuts :P

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You can say michkov is more talented but we don't know which will be better in an NHL format. A big difference between the two is michkov is much lazier and actively sucks at defence whereas demidov is the opposite. Also gotta factor in their size. So is michkovs talent so much greater to make up for his obvious deficiencies. I think not
Nah thats just cope but it's a good day I don't want to get into this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad