Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
I did a tiktok where i prentend all the videos we've seen from him were made by AI and he's actually a fake hockey player, so i will get my fix from all the insults, thanks you.

Reactions: themilosh

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Haha that was amazing, Celine taking her sweet time.

But why are we still underrating Slaf? It's not obvious to me that Demidov will be better. He can be of course but we're acting like Hughes finally got the draft right.

And I don't want to seem like I'm picking on you. It's a pretty common feeling in this thread. Slaf can end up being one scary f***ing player. I won't be surprised at all if Slaf is still the crown jewel of this org when all is said and done.

So in the 7/8 player profile, they offer different things. Demidov and Slaf are wildly different players and will bring different value to the game. They both possess ability that the other only dreams of. I don't like to compare Habs players like that cause they're a team and not competition. But demidov has more probability to get into scoring race conversations whereas Slaf has the higher probability to be the most impactful player in all facets of the game in a playoff run

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
1719633696562.png

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Anybody hate this pick? Just curious.

Where are the ones that guaranteed us Demidov would not be available at 5?

And oh yeah, how about the ones that were to run naked if Demidov is the pick…did you follow through?

Idk if anyone really can hate this pick to be honest.

He has a unique mix of elite skill and elite hockey IQ that makes him a very special prospect. Usually guys have either elite skill with average or below average IQ, or high IQ with average skill. It's not very often there is a player with both elite IQ and elite skill to go with it.

There's a reason most scouts had him ranked #2 right behind Celebrini. If not for the teams ahead of us that were picking with team building in mind, we would have never even come close to drafting him.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Crosby had Ovie and Malkin neck and neck with him, McDavid has lost Art Ross trophies to Kuch, Drai, etc. Are these guys quasi-generational?
In my lifetime....
Gretzky
Lemieux
Roy
Lidstrom
Crosby
McDavid

A generation is ~30yrs.. so i take it to mean 5 or 6 players every 30 years = 1 every 8 years... and one could argue Roy or Lidstrom as "generational" whatever that means?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
If he doesnt sign a new contract in KHL, is there a possibility we see him with the Laval Rocket at the end of the year like Reinbacher?

Last year Gagarin Cup was awarded April 4th

RandR

May 15, 2011
Celine Dion was a nice touch, and when she started pronouncing "Ivan Demidov" I literally jumped out of my seat, danced around a bit and yelled out a few times.

I didn't even believe it at first. I was really wanting them to pick Demidov but thought there was little chance he would drop to 5 after reading the Bob McKenzie article saying more than half the scouts he polled put him at 2.

I know there's no guarantees, and I remember also thinking Galchenyuk could become a star, but us Habs fans have been starved for too long for a high-end talent and we might just have one now.

Today has been a good day, worthy of a shot of my best Scotch and one more beer. :cheers:

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If he doesnt sign a new contract in KHL, is there a possibility we see him with the Laval Rocket at the end of the year like Reinbacher?

Last year Gagarin Cup was awarded April 4th

Yes it is possible. And he has said he plans to come over after his current contract ends so we shouldn't need to worry about him likely extending

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
So a superstar for me is any player that has a good chance at winning a Hart every year. Or a Norris every year. Or an art Ross every year. Not just one year where they had a great season but each and every year they're in the mix. Crosby imo should have 2-3 more Hart's but he got massacred in the early 2010s. Ovi is a generational scorer but not a generational talent. That only belongs to, in the expansion era, Gretzky, orr, Lemieux, Crosby and McDavid.
Who do you take to build a winner : Niklas Lidstrom, Patrick Roy, or Connor McDavid?

My point is that talent comes in many shapes and forms. Lids has 7 Norris trophies and 4 cups. Roy is the only player all-time with 3 Conn Smythe, 4 cups too.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Who do you take to build a winner : Niklas Lidstrom, Patrick Roy, or Connor McDavid?

My point is that talent comes in many shapes and forms. Lids has 7 Norris trophies and 4 cups. Roy is the only player all-time with 3 Conn Smythe, 4 cups too.

I take Lidstrom but I mean you can say that about Keith vs Kane. I said it on here for a while to some people's dismay but defencemen are so much more valuable than forwards especially in the playoffs. So I'll always side with them. But that doesn't factor into how I judge them isolated. In a team context they're better but not individualistically

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad