Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Haha that was amazing, Celine taking her sweet time.

But why are we still underrating Slaf? It's not obvious to me that Demidov will be better. He can be of course but we're acting like Hughes finally got the draft right.

And I don't want to seem like I'm picking on you. It's a pretty common feeling in this thread. Slaf can end up being one scary f***ing player. I won't be surprised at all if Slaf is still the crown jewel of this org when all is said and done.

it's complimentary. hughes and his crew are building a contender.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Hold on, is he a generational talent?

Bedard was thought to be as one, now hes being compared to Celebrini and Michkov was thought to be gen 1.2 and now Demidov is being compared to him...but no one is calling him a generational talent

Whats going on? is the Generational Meter broken or has every body fallen off a step?
Demidov is a elite player. Far from being a generational talent like McDavid or Crosby.

I don't know about Bedard. I don't see him destroying the league like McDavid.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
People use those terms so loosely. I don't even think Bedard is generational. He's basically the Patrick Kane of this generation. Generational talents are Crosby and McDavid. That's it. Don't need a generational talent every ten years. Look at the gap between Lemieux and Crosby. I also don't use this term lightly but demidov has superstar potential and there are probably only 10 or so of those in the nhl
Crosby had Ovie and Malkin neck and neck with him, McDavid has lost Art Ross trophies to Kuch, Drai, etc. Are these guys quasi-generational?

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I hope they learned from Galchy and the Kostitsyn brothers. We need a Russian mentor for him. He is probably our most skilled forward since Alex Kovalev. We need to bring back Markov with the team. Markov could be a great mentor for him.

it's a different crew this time. hughes seems to have the "it" factor. he keeps doing right by players, he is actually building through the draft, and he makes trades with the future in mind.

I can't believe I'm saying this but we're lucky he is here with the habs. he's a total pros pro.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Crosby had Ovie and Malkin neck and neck with him, McDavid has lost Art Ross trophies to Kuch, Drai, etc. Are these guys quasi-generational?

I think Ovie is pretty special. He belongs with crosby for sure, McDavid belongs in the Gretzky, lemieux category. A total freak.

Reactions: rahad

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Hold on, is he a generational talent?

Bedard was thought to be as one, now hes being compared to Celebrini and Michkov was thought to be gen 1.2 and now Demidov is being compared to him...but no one is calling him a generational talent

Whats going on? is the Generational Meter broken or has every body fallen off a step?

No one is a generational talent until they actually do it so all this advance classification doesn’t mean much IMO.

Also the goal is to win Cups (playing fun hockey to watch) and you do that as a team.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

So a superstar for me is any player that has a good chance at winning a Hart every year. Or a Norris every year. Or an art Ross every year. Not just one year where they had a great season but each and every year they're in the mix. Crosby imo should have 2-3 more Hart's but he got massacred in the early 2010s. Ovi is a generational scorer but not a generational talent. That only belongs to, in the expansion era, Gretzky, orr, Lemieux, Crosby and McDavid.

Reactions: crosbyshow

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I wrote Many times last month and again in the last few hours....that there were Zéro chance....I mean Zéro chance that the Hawks would pass on Demidov.....

An elite playmaker to play with an elite sniper...Bedard....

I am in shock....

I was so wrong..but so happy.

Am i dreaming ???

Wowwwwww

As good as Levshunov will be...I doubt that he will be a number 1 on a great team...Demidov will be a number 1 winger on a great team

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Adding Demidov, that's change everything in the forward group.

Adding a superstar type of player after two excellent looking draft by Habs (2022 and 2023), that's such a great night for the future of this franchise.

Rebuild so far is a big A+ to me.

I'm very very excited man tonight, I can't wait to see Ivan Demidov play in NHL level.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
So a superstar for me is any player that has a good chance at winning a Hart every year. Or a Norris every year. Or an art Ross every year. Not just one year where they had a great season but each and every year they're in the mix. Crosby imo should have 2-3 more Hart's but he got massacred in the early 2010s. Ovi is a generational scorer but not a generational talent. That only belongs to, in the expansion era, Gretzky, orr, Lemieux, Crosby and McDavid.
Yep...Crosby did not played at his peak at 23, 24 and 25 years old...he was a beast before his concussion at 23 with 66 points in 40 games

Reactions: Frankenheimer

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
What a bust. Can't believe we drafted this guy.

We should have drafted someone else.

This management stinks.

I wanted Bedard, or a 24 year-old 6'4 Crosby. This is BS.

Frig this team.

Am I the first to fake outrage, as I can't imagine there's any genuine outrage over this.

• Haha
Reactions: habsfan891

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad