Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
You think he'll be better than one of the best playoff performers in history and will put up more than 128 and 140 point seasons ?

Look at all the records Michkov has already beaten...

I've been watching Michkov since he was 14 so yeah, he has potential to be better than Kuch, I'd say it's a pretty good chance. The question is will he get teammates as good as Kucherov has had but it's another topic...

But Demidov is going to be a superstar too.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
They drafted two players from Russia that very draft, didn't they?

The 'bias' against Michkov was hockey-related and I've posted here that last summer, by pure chance while on holiday, I met with someone very high-up in the SKA organisation who had the exact same on-ice doubts about Michkov that we've read all around: speed, size, translatability of his game to the NHL and ability to get into the right spots to do what he does as best he does. His own organisation didn't rate his trajectory.

There was no bias in the Habs organization -- thank god -- it's just some paranoid fans who consume too much media who made noise last year and it seems a smaller handful of the same types this year.
To the fans that were upset tho, they did this right. We were able to sneak in Reinbacher on D while also getting someone like Demidov. Taking a chance on a defenseman last year looks a lot better with hindsight. Obviously both prospects now have to work and turn up.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Like I said before, I don't see why SKA wouldn't loan Demidov to Sochi if he doesn't make their team.

If they do, Demidov should be able to put similar numbers as Michkov did in the khl

Reactions: Redux91

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
The way they look at each other :heart:

IMG_2892.jpeg

That’s my hand on the left by the way…don’t judge, I have feminine hands and like rings.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Hughes was not going to let another extraordinaire Russian forward slip by him this time...great draft choice of Ivan Demidov...he can play on the first line with Suzuki and Caufield and be the Mighty Mites...see them all scoring in the 80-90 point range with Demidov and Caufield maybe scoring 50 goals each...Great selection for Les Canadiens!!!Congrats!!!And I like the selection of Hage also...Montreal is putting together some really good drafts

Demi-God...Super-Star

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I still cannot believe we landed another stallion @ 5. My wife had a good chuckle when I jumped off the coach like we just won a big game.

Started with wow...hawks went D @ 2. I thought they would go Demi.

Holy shit, ducks went sennecke, that's insane. the habs are going to get land one of lindstrom or demidov.

jackets went lindstrom, habs can get the 2nd best talent in the draft. They probably will play it safe and go Iginla.

WOOOOOO. The habs picked demidov. Yes, the habs actually went for the homerun pick. boom or bust. potential franchise changing player.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sorry if this has been addressed already, but is he eligible to come to Laval right away if his KHL team won't have him?

no, he has to play in Russia next season but they can let him join Laval in say April depending on where he's playing and what's going on.

Outside of the massive amount of dopamine, can someone suggest or even write up some scouting report for our new favorite prospect?

I would like to know, if possible,what makes him more appealing in the eyes of our scouts than Mitchkov.

I've seen him about 15 or 16 times and I have said many times he's the only one I saw that I would have considered taking over Celebrini. I think they play a very similar game but Demidov lacks strength, needs to keep adding mass and strength especially lower body where he badly needs a lot of added strength.

What's exciting is this kid has a skill level as high as any and if he can progress enough physically he could be one of the best players in the NHL one day. So skilled and slick with the puck, elite vision, playmaking, stickhandling.

Great pick!

When he’s ready to come over I would like to see the Habs add a veteran Russian player to help ease his transition to the NHL/NA lifestyle.

His brother is in the same organization, he plays in the VHL (AHL), and his contract is up at the same time, if they think Ivan might need to spend some time in Laval in '25-'26 then it might not be a bad idea to sign him as it won't cost anything.

Like I said before, I don't see why SKA wouldn't loan Demidov to Sochi if he doesn't make their team.

If they do, Demidov should be able to put similar numbers as Michkov did in the khl

Because its against KHL rules since Demidov is in the last year of his contract he can't be loaned to another KHL club. I assume he plays a few games with SKA again to start the season and then they send him to VHL or MHL unless it goes really well.

Last edited:

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Michkov will be as good (or better) as Kucherov, Demidov will be about as good as Kaprizov. Mark my words...

Those are some massive shoes to fill. Kucherov was the first winger ever to net 100 assists this season. He may be hated but the guy is an extraordinary player. He won the Art-Ross twice in the McDavid era. As a winger

Bedard himself is far from guaranteed to be as good as Kucherov, that's an awful lot to put Michkov. He'll be a great winger I'm sure, but still...

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I dunno guys, I am feeling uneasy about how everyone is too happy with this pick.

it's like when you're waiting for everything to fall apart because it's what we're use to in your life, lol.

I had the same thoughts when we drafted demi, it's too good to be true, but I told myself even he never plays a game I'm glad hughes swung hard.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I should add that while he has to play in Russia next season, the only way that could change is if SKA did what they just did for Michkov, which is kind of unheard of though so we'll see as Weeks was on the NHL Network saying the Flyers paved the way for change in regards to dealing with Russian clubs and working out a transfer. Will be interesting to see if that's the case or just SKA not really wanting Michkov around and saying f*** it you take him we'd rather have money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad