Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Will the Habs step in?? Seems odd to not give the kid ice time.....all because he is coming to Montreal next season??

Man................this guy could be Therrien's brother...

Man................this guy could be Therrien's brother... Johnny Rotenburger.

Or just a buddy and former mentor, sorry erg, 'Master'

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
What a heffin moron

Someone suggested a wheel of excuses for Rottenbrain. It's coming.

Convince his agent and his firm to lend it to Demidov, so he can buyout his contract. This, of course, requires Demidov to want and seek to get out.

Demidov can't,buy out his own contract, like Michkov did. The time window has passed.
Any potential contract termination will be predicated on SKA's full approval.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
There could be a catch-22. It's good the media is finally calling Rotenberg out on it. But the more media scrutiny exists, the more he'll probably double down. At least IMHO.

In normal circumstances he'd probably trade Demidov midseason to get him ice time......like he's done with most other top end guys.

I've had it with RR clown show.
No this is good. I don't care anymore what he does with Demidov he might as well scratch him now since we're essentially at the proverbial "bottom of the baril", so we'll see how it will turn out since the heat is definitely on and he deserves all of it.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
The guy really has a problem with America. :laugh:

Saying that, the more he's doubling down on his stupidity tthe more his team will sucks, the more the medias will ask questions. The whole thing will eventually blow over. Hopefully Demidov is relatively unscathed by the end of it (mentally/emotionally).
Usually this kind of thing motivates an athlete of Demidov's fortitude, I'm not worried. He must be annoyed to the extreme, but what you do with that frustration separates the men from the boys.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
No this is good. I don't care anymore what he does with Demidov he might as well scratch him now since we're essentially at the proverbial "bottom of the baril", so we'll see how it will turn out since the heat is definitely on and he deserves all of it.

Demidov should publicly ask for a trade. Now is the opportune moment.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
What a heffin moron

Someone suggested a wheel of excuses for Rottenbrain. It's coming.

Convince his agent and his firm to lend it to Demidov, so he can buyout his contract. This, of course, requires Demidov to want and seek to get out.
I’m adding the excuses my friend, but they come in faster than I can keep up. I do have a 9 to 5 job you know :laugh:

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Lol if it was me I wouldn't even say bye and defect immediately. But Demidov is too classy for this.

(...which is why we picked him and not Michkov)

He can't 'defect', he has a valid contract. He'd be sitting around in Montreal doing nothing. He might as well go home to Moscow and do the same thing.

The best option is a trade to another KHL team.

Reactions: Next Best Thing

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'm not gonna lie here folks, I kinda want to slap the shit out of Rottenburger.
BCPdIFe.png

He's doing a good job as a heel.

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
He can't 'defect', he has a valid contract. He'd be sitting around in Montreal doing nothing. He might as well go home to Moscow and do the same thing.

And this is why I'm not Demidov. Although I'm sure there are ways around that.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

What’s the general mood about SKA’s season so far? Are fans pissed or they just accept what is happening as a kind of resignation of the situation?

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I'm doing it. Tell me a few excuses you want in there. There are nine spots to fill. I reserve two so far; "Needs Masters" "One shift, one goal".
Masters.
Learning from the bench.
Better to play for Ska than playing on the 4th line on the Habs.
Strong opponents.
Pesky Russian sports media.
Agents and coaches from NA in cahoots.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Masters.
Learning from the bench.
Better to play for Ska than playing on the 4th line on the Habs.
Strong opponents.
Pesky Russian sports media.
Agents and coaches from NA in cahoots.

Need to make some shorter.

I added "American education", cuz he's repeated something similar a few times.

I'll add "foreign interference" for the cahoots one.

Reactions: Gustave

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
What’s the general mood about SKA’s season so far? Are fans pissed or they just accept what is happening as a kind of resignation of the situation?

The mood of SKA fans?
Keep in mind SKA has historically been garbage. But Gazprom has transformed them into a premier KHL club...... sort of like the NY Yankees of KHL in recent years. Their investment in hockey infrastructure in St. Pete has been massive too.

Rotenberg is viewed as an extension of all the big money investment. So people take the bad with the good I suppose.

That said, St Petersberg isn't a hockey city. Zenit overshadows everything. So most supporters are just sports fans in general.

Reactions: Gustave

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
The mood of SKA fans?
Keep in mind SKA has historically been garbage. But Gazprom has transformed them into a premier KHL club...... sort of like the NY Yankees of KHL in recent years. Their investment in hockey infrastructure in St. Pete has been massive too.

Rotenberg is viewed as an extension of all the big money investment. So people take the bad with the good I suppose.

That said, St Petersberg isn't a hockey city. Zenit overshadows everything. So most supporters are just sports fans in general.
are the women hot though?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad