Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Impossible.

I watched more than 10 games of his this weekend and it honestly feels like we have a 1st overall talent. I have came away more impressed by his overall game than his highlights. There is something unique in his skating, his edge, it makes him a constant menace in the o-zone and he wins a boatload of battle around the board, defensively too because of his skating mechanics and it opens the play like i have rarely seen.

He is a special player and a special talent. He is an immediate impact player in his D+2 and probably i would not be shy to bet that he will also instantly be our best player.

He is a superstar and a mega franchise talent.
You watched 10 full games of his? Yikes, no offense.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
He is more talented than celebrini. Everyone said it. But celebrini is a good old Canadian kid who will challenge for selkes and put up a PPG minimum which is basically like the ideal player objectively. But for what Habs needed, demidov is much more valuable for what the rebuild was missing. They also needed a winger way more than a C
They need a superstar, 90-100 pt. player, whatever position he plays.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
The real irony here is, they know they f***ed up by not drafting Michkov and taking Reinbacher... but if we draft Michkov last year they 100% go with a D this year and we don't get Demidov. The only reason we got Demidov is because a mistake was made last year.....

Cool beans
@OldCraig71 hasn't been this excited since we the signed Elmer Lach as a free agent on October 24, 1940.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
They need a superstar, 90-100 pt. player, whatever position he plays.

Yes that was my point. They need an offensive star which is what demidov is. Demidov imo will be a better offensive player than celebrini. And they also needed a winger more than a C so getting an offensive potential superstar winger was literally best case scenario

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
The real irony here is, they know they f***ed up by not drafting Michkov and taking Reinbacher... but if we draft Michkov last year they 100% go with a D this year and we don't get Demidov. The only reason we got Demidov is because a mistake was made last year.....

Cool beans
@OldCraig71 hasn't been this excited since we the signed Elmer Lach as a free agent on October 24, 1940.

Not really. I've already outlined this before but bobrov is the most knowledgable person in the NHL relative to Russians specifically in SKA. He knew these kids like the back of his hand. His dad also helped him with info. There must have been something seriously wrong for them not to pick michkov. But at the same time, they've been super aware and interested in demidov since before last draft and were targeting him for this year. That was always their plan regardless of what happened with michkov. They decided on taking the RD that'll probably be a top pair guy over michkov who in my estimation, they did not like personality wise. When team building, personality clashes are crucial. Habs are building something special with Demidov now in their possession and the best thing is, all these kids legitimately seem like cool guys to be around. Michkov apparently is the opposite

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I watched ‘’on jase’’ the day after the draft and they were talking about when Demidov will arrive ect, and they spoke about him going to LAVAL for a bit.

Lol i don’t think they know who they just drafted.
They are lazy sports commentators. They don’t research. They just think they know their shit and they don’t.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Cool beans
1719887269423.gif

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Not really. I've already outlined this before but bobrov is the most knowledgable person in the NHL relative to Russians specifically in SKA. He knew these kids like the back of his hand. His dad also helped him with info. There must have been something seriously wrong for them not to pick michkov. But at the same time, they've been super aware and interested in demidov since before last draft and were targeting him for this year. That was always their plan regardless of what happened with michkov. They decided on taking the RD that'll probably be a top pair guy over michkov who in my estimation, they did not like personality wise. When team building, personality clashes are crucial. Habs are building something special with Demidov now in their possession and the best thing is, all these kids legitimately seem like cool guys to be around. Michkov apparently is the opposite
Their “plan” included having the teams drafting 2-4 passing on Demidov? That’s incredible execution of a plan.

• Haha
Reactions: 417 and HabbyGuy

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Still stoke, but here's a shitty thought: just imagine if Chicago would have succeed in getting the 4th OV and picked Demidov with it, how absolutely pissed we would be.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Their “plan” included having the teams drafting 2-4 passing on Demidov? That’s incredible execution of a plan.

There are reports that they would've traded up to draft demidov no matter where they were. But everyone knew where the 4 teams were drafting. You can probably find it on the Columbus board but I went over and told them I had a feeling they were gonna end up with Lindstrom back in March. Teams have a really predictable type they like. Chicago was going levshunov and everyone knew it. And everyone knows pat Verbeek is not a fan of Russians so he would've never went demidov.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I really think Demidov, is the best prospect since McDavid, yes, better than Bedard and Celebrini, just see him play, why the other teams didn't pick him, i don't know, but they will be very sorry.
Celebrini is the super safe pick at #1.

One funny thing with hindsight is most of the season they had Celebrini at 6feet and Demidov at 5:10 or 5:11. That's despite what your lying eyes tell you when seeing tape of both. And this was somehow a knock on Demidov. Turns out after recent official measurements Celebrini is 5'11 3/4 and Demidov is 6'0.5+.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I know I'm late, but I was camping for the last 3 days, unable to react to anything and with people who don't like hockey. So it needs to come out now.

I'm so f***ING stoke we manage to pick Demidov, holy shit this is awesome. I know there were other options and lot of good players, but Demidov is the guy we needed, everyone one else I would have felt we settle for them. Happy for the kid, happy for management, and happy for the fanbase, it's been a while since we draft a player as electrifying, the Bell Center crowd is going to love him.

On a different topic, crazy how much the LDs dropped compared to the pseudo-consensus established over the year, with the first being Silayev at 10th and with three RD drafted before him. I understood the premium on RD but didn't expect it to be this drastic. Feels the Shark especially were very lucky to get someone like Dickinson at 11th.
Seriously, the Sharks had such a good draft. Celebrini and Dickinson in one draft is insane. #1 center and D for sure.

Reactions: stanley25

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Cool beans
How do you know that?

Reactions: quarter450

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad