Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think they’ll be interchangeable. I always thought CC would work really well with Dach. You can mix up the top six for different looks. I think everyone of them should play with everyone else. Nobody has to be glued to anyone else. Slaf and Dach for example would be unstoppable. Two huge puck possession players… awesome.

My concern on CC is the shoulder. But if he returns to form, he’s a legit star bordering on superstar. It should’ve been a career year last season. Now we have to wait to see if his shooting can come back. If it does and he plays with Dach, we’ll have two first lines.
I'm of the opinion that Cole Caufield started feeling a lot more confident with his shoulder towards the end of last season.
He was was engaging in physical contact not just absorbing it.
There is a huge difference.

Having said that I expect a return to normal in terms of his shooting regimen.
Players who rely on a certain weapon don't just assume it will remain elite they work on it.
How much was Cole able to work on his shot last season?
My guess is probably not nearly enough.

The reason you are worried is because you put him so high up on a pedestal and expect so much out of him.
If his numbers stay the same you have your reasoning worked out in advance.
Last season we were told it will take a full season to fully recover and that's why he couldn't find the back of the net.
Now we read that it may be as much as three years? :nono:

I'll stick to the bold text.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I watched ‘’on jase’’ the day after the draft and they were talking about when Demidov will arrive ect, and they spoke about him going to LAVAL for a bit.

Lol i don’t think they know who they just drafted.

I saw that too, it was almost awkward watching them talk how off the mark it felt, almost like second hand embarrassment. Especially if he’s in KHL this season

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com

Fixed.

I'm amazing at editing pictures.

1719843591462.png

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Kind of insane the most annoying and ignorant people in the world are the ones who film themselves reacting to things for an audience. Not that this guy has one, but just in general, it is usually not the coldest cans in the fridge making this kind of content. Very weird trend.
I never thought I’d feel compelled to say to my younger daughter that I’d be proud of her no matter what career choice she’d chose, unless it was “Influencer” which would be an embarrassment to me, her and the whole bloodline :help:

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Watched Basu and Godin podcast of Saturday and they talked about how there was chatter that this year there was stuff going on in Russia and problems bringing kids over, and that this was believed to have been leaked by a team to turn others off Demidov. And suspicion this was Habs. And then Habs didn't go see Demidov in the Florida combine or whatever it was , so it looked like they lacked interest. And then the Buium rumours at the last.

Any bits of information about this stuff ? And do you think Habs really pulled off all this stuff?
If this is true, and other teams really bought the bait, HuGo are Chads.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Drafting Demidov is my favorite Habs moment since the '93 Cup. It changes everything about this team. In an instant, the whole forward depth chart is bumped down and every position has a better player or a player that has less on his shoulders.

Yes. Demidov change everything. The rebuild is more perfect than expected by drafting him. That's a great moment to be a Habs fan. We are going to have a amazing team for many years to come!

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Yes. Demidov change everything. The rebuild is more perfect than expected by drafting him. That's a great moment to be a Habs fan. We are going to have a amazing team for many years to come!

He was the last necessary piece in the rebuild. Almost everyone here was expecting someone who could lead a 2nd line or complement a 1st, not someone who can be the best player on a cup contender.

Here's my 8 player profile (excluding goaltending) to be a perennial cup contender. I'm also going to give their comparables for the Chicago Blackhawks dynasty teams.

No 1 C - Suzuki (Toews)
No. 2 C - Dach (N/A)
Power F - Slafkovsky (Hossa)
Star F - Demidov (Kane)
Specialty F - Caufield (Sharp)
Two Way D - Reinbacher (Keith)
PMD - Hutson (Seabrook)
Shutdown D - Guhle (Hjalmarsson)

If Habs can add good depth to surround this core, sky's the limit

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He was the last necessary piece in the rebuild. Almost everyone here was expecting someone who could lead a 2nd line or complement a 1st, not someone who can be the best player on a cup contender.

Here's my 8 player profile (excluding goaltending) to be a perennial cup contender. I'm also going to give their comparables for the Chicago Blackhawks dynasty teams.

No 1 C - Suzuki (Toews)
No. 2 C - Dach (N/A)
Star F - Demidov (Kane)
PMD - Hutson (Seabrook)

You got your keith and Seabrook mixed up a bit lol but otherwise I see what you mean there
And as good as Hjalmarsson was was for CHI, Guhle's gonna be even better

And we've added interesting depth already too

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
You got your keith and Seabrook mixed up a bit lol but otherwise I see what you mean there
And as good as Hjalmarsson was was for CHI, Guhle's gonna be even better

And we've added interesting depth already too

My thinking for Keith is he's too good to merely be a PMD. He was dominant everywhere and being known as a two way D is the highest complement imo. Seabrook did not have the offensive skills of Keith but I didn't really know where to put him like Hjalmarsson who was a true shutdown D. So not perfect but I had to make due lol

Reactions: Redux91

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I still can’t believe we got him. Probably our best pick since Guy in ‘71 as as Wickenheiser unfortunately busted and Juraj is just not him.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

No 1 C - Suzuki (Toews)
No. 2 C - Dach (N/A)
Star F - Demidov (Kane)
PMD - Hutson (Seabrook)

Ladd, Byfuglien…

Reactions: Gustave

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I watched ‘’on jase’’ the day after the draft and they were talking about when Demidov will arrive ect, and they spoke about him going to LAVAL for a bit.

Lol i don’t think they know who they just drafted.

Impossible.

I watched more than 10 games of his this weekend and it honestly feels like we have a 1st overall talent. I have came away more impressed by his overall game than his highlights. There is something unique in his skating, his edge, it makes him a constant menace in the o-zone and he wins a boatload of battle around the board, defensively too because of his skating mechanics and it opens the play like i have rarely seen.

He is a special player and a special talent. He is an immediate impact player in his D+2 and probably i would not be shy to bet that he will also instantly be our best player.

He is a superstar and a mega franchise talent.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Impossible.

I watched more than 10 games of his this weekend and it honestly feels like we have a 1st overall talent. I have came away more impressed by his overall game than his highlights. There is something unique in his skating, his edge, it makes him a constant menace in the o-zone and he wins a boatload of battle around the board, defensively too because of his skating mechanics and it opens the play like i have rarely seen.

He is a special player and a special talent. He is an immediate impact player in his D+2 and probably i would not be shy to bet that he will also instantly be our best player.

He is a superstar and a mega franchise talent.

He is more talented than celebrini. Everyone said it. But celebrini is a good old Canadian kid who will challenge for selkes and put up a PPG minimum which is basically like the ideal player objectively. But for what Habs needed, demidov is much more valuable for what the rebuild was missing. They also needed a winger way more than a C

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad