Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Did any of you find it odd nobody said congrats to the Panthers for winning the cup? Usually a few teams do, not one this year. Is it that big of a douchebag franchise?

Also after 20 years should I go Demidov in my avatar?
Everyone knew the fix was on but it doesn't mean they have to like it. I can't wait to see the "crowds" when the Panthers have the cup parade. No one cares about your avatar.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Because he lived on a reservation and played for a shitty tri city team in the states. But still managed to go 5th. If he played for the London Knights and grew up in the GTA, he would've been no. 2 that year
Absolutely but no way he was ahead of Lafleur.

The only one in front of Lafleur in history the day of the draft was Mario Lemieux.
.and maybe...maybe...Lindros, Crosby and Mcdavid...

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I hope this fanbase will keep it's cool in January when Ivan as only few points in the KHL because of limited ice time and Mitchkov is killing it in the NHL (although I have my doubts on that one). The bi-polarity of this board is extremely annoying and self destructive.

Reactions: Troyp and malcb33

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
I'm a regular on here. I would post hundreds of comments after every single event that would concern the Habs. But, right now, I happen to be out of a voice. There's not a sound coming out. Everything I wanted has come true. There's nothing left to say. Ladies and gentlemen... we got him.

For the first time in my life : the Habs drafted the best forward available. I'll never be as happy as I am now, unless the Habs win a cup.

Huh.. where were you when the Habs drafted Juraj Slafkovsky? He was and will be the best forward of his draft year, I'm pretty sure of that. Heck, I believe Slaf will still be the habs best player even if Demidov becomes a 90+ points player

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Huh.. where were you when the Habs drafted Juraj Slafkovsky? He was and will be the best forward of his draft year, I'm pretty sure of that. Heck, I believe Slaf will still be the habs best player even if Demidov becomes a 90+ points player
Agreed that Slaf has only scratched the surface and will become a top 5 winger in this league in short order. He and Demidov give me hope for this team returning to contention.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I hope this fanbase will keep it's cool in January when Ivan as only few points in the KHL because of limited ice time and Mitchkov is killing it in the NHL (although I have my doubts on that one). The bi-polarity of this board is extremely annoying and self destructive.
Keep it's cool does it look cool to you. This player is nothing like Kovalev who was a magician with the puck and one of the purest talents ever.
Can he dangle sure he can but someone show me footage of him exercising his craft in practice like Kovalev did.
Kovalev was a friggin tank Demidov still has a ton of work to do on his lower body and torso to come close to Kovalev's 224lbs playing weight.
The skills are there but let's not exaggerate them just let the kid grow. Points should be one of the least of our worries.
I'll be more interested in progress reports coming from people who will take the time to watch his every game and who have already identified his weak points. I'll watch some but I don't see myself watching the majority of them. I'm just curious to see if they even keep him up.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i also posted this little nugget on main board to shut up the trolls...from arpon basu

But there is more information to be found with boots on the ground, and the Canadiens were very fortunate to have the boots of co-director of amateur scouting Nick Bobrov, a Russian citizen, on the ground to watch Ivan Demidov.
Not only did Bobrov meet several times with Demidov and his family, but he got to see a side of him that does in fact shine through on video, but is only accentuated when you are there in perso
“I guess the one thing is seeing him practice, and how hard he works, how relentless he is on and off the ice, how much time he spends on his craft,” Bobrov said Saturday after the completion of Day 2 of the draft. “We have other kids, other players who work so relentlessly on their craft that it’s almost too much. Ivan falls into that category of when you watch him play games, it’s exciting. But when you watch him work in practice, you get even more excited because he would be in a very unique category of people who just never stop. So that’s very impressive.”
There were a few teams who were able to get decision-makers into Russia, which is a massive commitment. Western credit cards don’t work in Russia due to financial sanctions over the ongoing war in Ukraine. Crossing the border into Russia is not a simple process by any stretch. And then there’s the inherent chaos of being in a country at war.
This is part of the reason why the Canadiens are this excited about Demidov. They saw sides of him that most other teams didn’t. And it also helps explain why meeting with him in Florida last week at the Gold Star showcase event was less important to them than hiding their intentions so close to the draft.
When Kent Hughes mentioned Friday night that the Canadiens had Demidov on their radar last year when they took David Reinbacher at No. 5 instead of a forward, that was only part of the story. Bobrov’s father, Sergei, has been a scout for SKA Saint Petersburg for 15 years. He had insight on Matvei Michkov most other teams did not have, and he also had insight on Demidov.
He’s been on the Canadiens’ radar for far longer than one year.
“We’ve known Ivan for a number of years now because of my dad’s position and knowing young players in that organization is a big part of his job,” Bobrov said. “So we knew the kid, the family really well. I was fortunate enough to get there a couple of times and spend time with him and his family. We felt that we might have a chance at him, but not a significant one. It worked out, and clearly he was very happy to end up in Montreal. His family was looking forward to that.
“Part of the reason he wanted to be in Montreal was because he loves pressure. He embraces pressure and thrives on it. Sometimes we ask kids whether or not they will be OK playing in this city. He was begging for it. So that’s a good sign.”
That last part is the kicker. Demidov embracing pressure is a big part of what the Canadiens look for.
“His ceiling is as high as some of the best players in the league,” Bobrov said. “And he expects nothing less than that from himself, which is the most important part.”
Director of scouting Martin Lapointe called Demidov “the steal of the draft.” Bobrov said that was “an understatement.” The Canadiens are over the moon about this pick, this player, and the additional information Bobrov was able to gather on the ground is a big reason why.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
This was y'all last night

look look look :

Who is this fist pumping legend wearing a Lane Hutson jersey. What a beauty.

Demidov looks like young Kovy, he was really thin early on. Habs Kovy was heavy.

1000005458.jpg

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
His attitude is top notch. Looks at his answer... interview he got in draft... he said that "My job isn't to compare myself with another players". "I'm Ivan Demidov".

He want to be a difference maker like Kobe Bryant and he want to have the same mentality aswell.

This guy isn't just a superstar talent, he is a hard working guy like Juraj Slafkovsky, same attitude of Slaf.

He is going to be a unreal player for Montreal Canadiens and Habs have 2 amazing young forward with Slafkovsky and Demidov, they will be fantastic to watch for many years to come.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
i also posted this little nugget on main board to shut up the trolls...from arpon basu

But there is more information to be found with boots on the ground, and the Canadiens were very fortunate to have the boots of co-director of amateur scouting Nick Bobrov, a Russian citizen, on the ground to watch Ivan Demidov.
Not only did Bobrov meet several times with Demidov and his family, but he got to see a side of him that does in fact shine through on video, but is only accentuated when you are there in perso
“I guess the one thing is seeing him practice, and how hard he works, how relentless he is on and off the ice, how much time he spends on his craft,” Bobrov said Saturday after the completion of Day 2 of the draft. “We have other kids, other players who work so relentlessly on their craft that it’s almost too much. Ivan falls into that category of when you watch him play games, it’s exciting. But when you watch him work in practice, you get even more excited because he would be in a very unique category of people who just never stop. So that’s very impressive.”
There were a few teams who were able to get decision-makers into Russia, which is a massive commitment. Western credit cards don’t work in Russia due to financial sanctions over the ongoing war in Ukraine. Crossing the border into Russia is not a simple process by any stretch. And then there’s the inherent chaos of being in a country at war.
This is part of the reason why the Canadiens are this excited about Demidov. They saw sides of him that most other teams didn’t. And it also helps explain why meeting with him in Florida last week at the Gold Star showcase event was less important to them than hiding their intentions so close to the draft.
When Kent Hughes mentioned Friday night that the Canadiens had Demidov on their radar last year when they took David Reinbacher at No. 5 instead of a forward, that was only part of the story. Bobrov’s father, Sergei, has been a scout for SKA Saint Petersburg for 15 years. He had insight on Matvei Michkov most other teams did not have, and he also had insight on Demidov.
He’s been on the Canadiens’ radar for far longer than one year.
“We’ve known Ivan for a number of years now because of my dad’s position and knowing young players in that organization is a big part of his job,” Bobrov said. “So we knew the kid, the family really well. I was fortunate enough to get there a couple of times and spend time with him and his family. We felt that we might have a chance at him, but not a significant one. It worked out, and clearly he was very happy to end up in Montreal. His family was looking forward to that.
“Part of the reason he wanted to be in Montreal was because he loves pressure. He embraces pressure and thrives on it. Sometimes we ask kids whether or not they will be OK playing in this city. He was begging for it. So that’s a good sign.”
That last part is the kicker. Demidov embracing pressure is a big part of what the Canadiens look for.
“His ceiling is as high as some of the best players in the league,” Bobrov said. “And he expects nothing less than that from himself, which is the most important part.”
Director of scouting Martin Lapointe called Demidov “the steal of the draft.” Bobrov said that was “an understatement.” The Canadiens are over the moon about this pick, this player, and the additional information Bobrov was able to gather on the ground is a big reason why.
The fact everyone hates us is fair game. We were pissed off at Chicago when they stumbled on Bedard.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
His attitude is top notch. Looks at his answer... interview he got in draft... he said that "My job isn't to compare myself with another players". "I'm Ivan Demidov".

He want to be a difference maker like Kobe Bryant and he want to have the same mentality aswell.

This guy isn't just a superstar talent, he is a hard working guy like Juraj Slafkovsky, same attitude of Slaf.

He is going to be a unreal player for Montreal Canadiens and Habs have 2 amazing young forward with Slafkovsky and Demidov, they will be fantastic to watch for many years to come.

Man just the thought of Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Demidov sends chills down my spine.

That is one legit 1st line. Suzuki will win Selkes with these wingers. Take that to the bank.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021

You almost always need a big point producer to win. But if Toronto had Slafkofsky instead of Marner they would have won a Cup.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Absolutely but no way he was ahead of Lafleur.

The only one in front of Lafleur in history the day of the draft was Mario Lemieux.
.and maybe...maybe...Lindros, Crosby and Mcdavid...

I can agree with that. But give price any of Roy or Dryden's teams and he does more with them. He's not the greatest because of the lack of SCs but he's clearly the best Habs goalie. And demidov might be ahead of price which is why I said between 1-3. But it's close between all three

Can't believe our beloved club managed to snag this gem. A part of me is just waiting for some kind of disaster to derail it all lmao.

So hyped for the future, damn it feels good.

Nah we just got to face it that the HuGo era is different than the timeline from the infamous dark days to MB. I think that overall era permanently scarred a lot of Habs fans so they almost refuse to let their guards down

• Love
Reactions: ChikN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad