Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
I can't decide if I'm happy or annoyed by the pick.

Don't take this wrong, he was my favorite option, but people will start to claim outlandish things about his ceiling for a whole year before he gets here. Not that the Habs brass are helping there. No pressure kid, but Lapointe/Bobrov are pretty much expecting you to be the best player of the draft...
Of all the highly-touted prospects drafted early in the first round - Galchenyuk, KK, Reinbacher - Demidov is the one about whom I am most excited, and who inspires the most confidence in his ability to become an impact player.

But expectations and demands, as with those other three players, are far too high, I think, and, no matter what he becomes, I think that there will be disappointment. It's the nature of fandom.

Reactions: ReHabs

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Not sure if you guys saw this yet.

A wonderful find, so thank you for sharing it and adding to the conversation.

Like le_sean, I am somewhat baffled by the rankings and their alignment with the various scores; however the overall grade appears reasonable, casting Demidov as a first-line player, and likely the best one on our team when he develops fully.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Of all the highly-touted prospects drafted early in the first round - Galchenyuk, KK, Reinbacher - Demidov is the one about whom I am most excited, and who inspires the most confidence in his ability to become an impact player.

But expectations and demands, as with those other three players, are far too high, I think, and, no matter what he becomes, I think that there will be disappointment. It's the nature of fandom.
Just bring the Cup.

No pressure.

• Haha
Reactions: ReimanSum1908

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
How can he have concerns about his skating and give him a 60 grade, then say he has incredible skill and also give that a 60 grade?
Dang, that was great info. I might even use this article to coach some skills, he certainly is something special.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I mean, is his skating any "worse" than Alex Kovalev?

Kovalev was not explosive neither, didn't stop him from making several defensemen his bitches for years.

For stickhandling wizards, I care a lot more about lateral skating and edgework, and being able to fake both sides equally well. Demidov seems to have this, like Kovalev did.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I can't decide if I'm happy or annoyed by the pick.

Don't take this wrong, he was my favorite option, but people will start to claim outlandish things about his ceiling for a whole year before he gets here. Not that the Habs brass are helping there. No pressure kid, but Lapointe/Bobrov are pretty much expecting you to be the best player of the draft...
Last year people were crying over Hughes saying he saw Reinbacher as a #2 defenseman because it supposedly meant they weren’t confident in him. Now they showed full confidence in their guy without saying much and stayed humble and it’s still not ok?

A friendly advice : Do yourself a favor and don't bother reading the Demidov thread on the main board.
He was the 2nd best player in the draft until he was a hab, i bet.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I'm a regular on here. I would post hundreds of comments after every single event that would concern the Habs. But, right now, I happen to be out of a voice. There's not a sound coming out. Everything I wanted has come true. There's nothing left to say. Ladies and gentlemen... we got him.

For the first time in my life : the Habs drafted the best forward available. I'll never be as happy as I am now, unless the Habs win a cup.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
That's exactly it, had the Hawks drafted him all these clowns would be calling him the next Russian superstar but hurr durr Habs suckzzz lulz. The main boards cesspool in a nutshell.
The same absolute clown main board that allowed the "Is Slaf the worst 1OA ever" thread to exist for over a year, but once he started playing well, the 'unbiased' mods shut the thread down within around 1-2 months.

The only use for the main board is near immediate posts for breaking news all in a convenient format. Just don't click the thread links and read further....

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I'm a regular on here. I would post hundreds of comments after every single event that would concern the Habs. But, right now, I happen to be out of a voice. There's not a sound coming out. Everything I wanted has come true. There's nothing left to say. Ladies and gentlemen... we got him.

For the first time in my life : the Habs drafted the best forward available. I'll never be as happy as I am now, unless the Habs win a cup.
The whole season built up to this and we finally got a home-run swing for a much needed forward. Him looking like he's actually a steal at 5OA is just the cherry on the cake (but it's irrelevant -- Levshunov, Sennecke, and Lindstrom can all be amazing too).

Reactions: Toene

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad