Prospect Info: 2024 - #50 OA - LW Nikita Artamonov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Last edited:

QuebeCaniac

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
is this kid legit? early looks are promising.
He was considered first round talent for some time last year, I'm not sure why he fell in the draft.

He is currently outproducing Prince Demidov. He is 11th scorer in the league with 12:23 playing time per game (ok he played 12 games while most of the others have played 9-10 games)

*Edit: and DeAngelo has 5 assists in 2 games!

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
He will be our Kucherov (drafted 58th) and same size. :)
IMG_2060.jpeg

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I don't watch the games. But it's probably good moneypuck to trade 28 for 34 and 50. The difference between guys at 28 and 34 is like maybe a 1% better chance at getting an NHLer. You have much better odds at 34 and 50 of getting a good NHLer than just 28.

I get the philosophy of getting "your guy", but time has shown us that a lot of drafting is just having good luck. No one can strike consistently as it is such a crapshoot. The Hurricanes are fully in the mode of not trying to galaxy brain it and just throwing as many darts as possible.

It's very likely that all these 2nd and 3rds that we've hoarded over the past 5 years will enable the team to transition from our current window to a new one. As long as we have NHL talent coming over on the horizon, and as long as we keep cap flexibility, we seem poised to be relevant for a long time.

At least that's what I tell myself after losing Guentzel. :D (I too felt the sting when we lost Hamilton and we got by better in the long term.) Trocheck is the one we miss now with hindsight, of course.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I don't watch the games. But it's probably good moneypuck to trade 28 for 34 and 50. The difference between guys at 28 and 34 is like maybe a 1% better chance at getting an NHLer. You have much better odds at 34 and 50 of getting a good NHLer than just 28.

I get the philosophy of getting "your guy", but time has shown us that a lot of drafting is just having good luck. No one can strike consistently as it is such a crapshoot. The Hurricanes are fully in the mode of not trying to galaxy brain it and just throwing as many darts as possible.

It's very likely that all these 2nd and 3rds that we've hoarded over the past 5 years will enable the team to transition from our current window to a new one. As long as we have NHL talent coming over on the horizon, and as long as we keep cap flexibility, we seem poised to be relevant for a long time.

At least that's what I tell myself after losing Guentzel. :D (I too felt the sting when we lost Hamilton and we got by better in the long term.) Trocheck is the one we miss now with hindsight, of course.

Yes, that's the cool part about Carolina's draft strategy. They give themselves a ton of lottery tickets that collectively add to an elite farm system relative to other playoff teams despite drafting from lower slots. They also draft a huge quantity of 4th-7th round picks, which might have led to the unearthing of someone like Jackson Blake.

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
as long as the strategy starts to pay off its a good one.

looking at pick swaps since 2018

our 2018 7th got us the 2019 7th from NYR. We picked Rizzo which became a thank you gift to Philly for buying out TDA

we traded NYRs 2019 2nd, 37OA for 44OA and 83OA. We got Rees and Honka. Rees' rights just turned into a 6th in 2024, Kol.
we traded 59 OA for 73 OA Puistola (which was traded for a month of JP) and Webber's rights were trade to Toronto for a 26 6th

in 2020 we traded the 5th in the Edmundson rights trade for 159 OA Mercuri and 7th rounder Naumov

21 we got trade happy

27Oa for 40OA Morrow and 51OA Kiovunen (used in the JG trade)
59OA went to LA for 72 OA (traded) and 109 OA Blake
72OA went to Nashville for 83OA Namrla and 147OA Robidas
91OA went to Chicago for a 22 3rd rounder (Perevalov)
123OA went to Ottawa for 136OA Orr and 170OA Montgomery

in 2022 we traded 188OA for a 23 6th rounder, we chose Mukhanov

in 23 we traded 71 OA to SJ to reacquire 91OA perron and get 100OA Rykov

in 24 we did things too.

until Blake and Morrow hit the NHL ice, our trade down moves have been pretty inconsequential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad