Prospect Info: 2024 27th Overall - Marek Vanacker

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019

My favorite breakdown of Vanacker. His puck hounding is very Hossa like. Dude is a gamer and plays mean. Loved watching him (and Lardis of course). This is the type of guy that wins you cups.

I happened to get this suggested last night, great vid. Very easy to envision him on Bedard's wing if all goes well.

Shoutout to Grandma Vanacker in the comments too.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
The Chicago Blackhawks today announced that the team has agreed to terms with forward Marek Vanacker on a three-year, entry-level contract that runs through the 2026-27 season ($975,000 salary cap hit).

Vanacker, 18, posted regular-season career highs in games played (68), goals (36), assists (46) and points (82) with the Brantford Bulldogs of the Ontario Hockey League during the 2023-24 campaign. His 36 goals and 82 points each led all Brantford skaters, while his 46 assists ranked second on the club. He also posted seven points (3G, 4A) in six OHL postseason games in 2023-24. His four assists and seven points each shared second among all team skaters.

Hull2Roenick2Kane

Jun 17, 2010
Just curious what you guys think, but I was following Liam Greentree before the draft a little and saw he was drafted at 26. If he fell to 27 do you think Kyle still drafts Vanacker?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Just curious what you guys think, but I was following Liam Greentree before the draft a little and saw he was drafted at 26. If he fell to 27 do you think Kyle still drafts Vanacker?

100%. There was a video when the Kings picked Greentree, Davidson fist bumped Donaghey and told Meghan Hunter to run to hand the card off for the trade. They wanted Vanacker. And Greentree isn't a good skater. Probably on their DND list.

Hull2Roenick2Kane

Jun 17, 2010
100%. There was a video when the Kings picked Greentree, Davidson fist bumped Donaghey and told Meghan Hunter to run to hand the card off for the trade. They wanted Vanacker. And Greentree isn't a good skater. Probably on their DND list.
I must have snoozed on that pick. I knew Vanacker was rising on the mocks though. I saw him mocked at 29 so I dont think 27 was too bad where we got him. I was hearing about Greentree for weeks leading up to the draft. Funny how Spellacy and Greentree were touted with their skills but the team they were on was one of the worst.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I must have snoozed on that pick. I knew Vanacker was rising on the mocks though. I saw him mocked at 29 so I dont think 27 was too bad where we got him. I was hearing about Greentree for weeks leading up to the draft. Funny how Spellacy and Greentree were touted with their skills but the team they were on was one of the worst.
Having 2 really good players on your team isn't enough to be a good team in the OHL.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Having 2 really good players on your team isn't enough to be a good team in the OHL.
It should be noted that Spellacy also only really started to produce the 2nd half of the season. Makes sense considering how he hadn't focused on hockey previously - but it wasn't like Spellacy was a major contributor for Windsor until the last 1/3 of the season or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00