Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
200w.gif

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Unless Mukhamadullin is healthy I think this means we claimed a defenseman off waivers.
Or they're just sending down the guys exempt from waivers and letting other teams fill out their rosters before we make our final roster moves.

Although still being first in waivers means we certainly have options.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Sounds like we didn't claim anyone so I'm guessing Mukhamadullin is healthy and will be on the opening night roster.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
With Mukh skating I assume he'll just be assigned back to the A
Well they can’t only keep 6 D. Maybe they can get away with it until Saturday when the Cuda head out of town.

Given that Gushchin was not sent down the Sharks need two players on IR with the 15 forwards still on the roster and 8 D.

Sounds like we didn't claim anyone so I'm guessing Mukhamadullin is healthy and will be on the opening night roster.
He has to be on IR if he wasn’t sent down. He was skating Sunday’s practice and looked good.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Well they can’t only keep 6 D. Maybe they can get away with it until Saturday when the Cuda head out of town.

Given that Gushchin was not sent down the Sharks need two players on IR with the 15 forwards still on the roster and 8 D.

He has to be on IR if he wasn’t sent down. He was skating Sunday’s practice and looked good.
Could be Granlund and Vlasic on IR to make room for Gushchin and Shak.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Maybe looking at something like this?

Forwards (14): Celebrini, Eklund, Toffoli, W. Smith, Zetterlund, Goodrow, Wennberg, Kunin, Sturm, Grundstrom, Dellandrea, Kostin, G. Smith, Gushchin

Defensemen (7): Ferraro, Ceci, Walman, Rutta, Thrun, Benning, Mukhamadullin

Goalies (2): Blackwood, Vanecek

IR: Couture, Granlund, Vlasic

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
If Granlund is healthy they can get creative and try to spread the wealth across 3 lines

72-71-73
*plug*-64-20
75-21-2

Give Smith and Gushchin softer matchups with a defensively responsible vet who can take faceoffs

Flip flop Eklund and a forechecking plug as needed

Suddenly there's almost kinda sorta some forward depth on this team

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
To me this makes little sense. Let him go down to the Barracuda, get some games in, get his cardio back and in the meantime have someone like Thompson or Luca show what they can do before recalling Shakir.

If Granlund is healthy they can get creative and try to spread the wealth across 3 lines

72-71-73
*plug*-64-20
75-21-2

Give Smith and Gushchin softer matchups with a defensively responsible vet who can take faceoffs

Flip flop Eklund and a forechecking plug as needed

Suddenly there's almost kinda sorta some forward depth on this team
I wish they would have seen what Goose could do with Mack and Toffoli and then leave the Lund line together.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Gushchin with Sturm and Dellandrea is a perfectly fine setup to run with. I'm sure that when it's tied or they're behind, he'll see shifts on the 3rd line with Wennberg and Kunin since he's shown some chemistry there as well. I'm certain he'll continue to earn his ice time.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I’m guessing they give Gushchin opening night on the 4th line to save face about the camp competition and then send him down for the road trip if all the forwards make it out of that game healthy. They will need a 7th D when they go out on the road.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad