Boston Bruins 2024-25 Season Schedule Drops July 2nd

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
Yeah 7:00 especially during the week is terrible it should start at 8 p.m. and on the weekends they should start at 9:00. Afternoon games are for minor leagues and college in that type of thing should not be allowed in the NHL ever

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: caz16 and USGRANT

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yeah 7:00 especially during the week is terrible it should start at 8 p.m. and on the weekends they should start at 9:00. Afternoon games are for minor leagues and college in that type of thing should not be allowed in the NHL ever
Nope. I feel like you are trolling.

Most folks that drive to the games have to get up early in the morning.

7 is a good start time and early games on holidays and weeks are good for kids. 9 pm is pathetic to even suggest

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Not trolling first 3 ganes habs king panther you will see tomorrow. As far as 7 pm games got it's to early plain and simple. Use to be 730 8 would be ok but 9 is better. Game ends at 1145 that's to late??? At 8 it would be 1045 cmon fans are we in pre school. 8 would be much better to start a game

IMG_0763.gif

Perhaps for YOU.

But not most as I have already stated. For those very reasons.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
As far as the start time goes I think it's ridiculous to start at 7:00 because people don't have enough time to get home from work settle down and have dinner and go to the game. And more importantly you want the game to grow and you're starting the games at 4:00 p.m. on the West Coast for example look at the second game of the year against the Kings what fan is going to get up at 10:00 a.m. to watch a game? That Will be there on the time they can see the bruins
At least in the conference finals and finals the NHL realizes this but really especially the finals should be starting at 9:00 p.m. or 830 like basketball

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
As far as the start time goes I think it's ridiculous to start at 7:00 because people don't have enough time to get home from work settle down and have dinner and go to the game. And more importantly you want the game to grow and you're starting the games at 4:00 p.m. on the West Coast for example look at the second game of the year against the Kings what fan is going to get up at 10:00 a.m. to watch a game? That Will be there on the time they can see the bruins
At least in the conference finals and finals the NHL realizes this but really especially the finals should be starting at 9:00 p.m. or 830 like basketball

I do admire your stick to itness for a piss poor idea.
If you eliminate those groups as I stated odds are attendance will drop. As far as growing the game, you eliminated kids.

It comes down to dollars and cents. As long as they can sellout to this diverse grouping the hours will be as they are.

Let it go. Move on.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I do admire your stick to itness for a piss poor idea.
If you eliminate those groups as I stated odds are attendance will drop. As far as growing the game, you eliminated kids.

It comes down to dollars and cents. As long as they can sellout to this diverse grouping the hours will be as they are.

Let it go. Move on.
Since 2010 the Garden has been full so clearly folks can get there. (I know this firsthand...I believe @Gee Wally will vouch for me)

Also, you need to have some early games on weekends and holidays for the kids can attend the games.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Since 2010 the Garden has been full so clearly folks can get there. (I know this firsthand...I believe @Gee Wally will vouch for me)

Also, you need to have some early games on weekends and holidays for the kids can attend the games.
He’s just trolling because the game day thread for any game that starts later than 7 has people complaining it’s too late.

Reactions: Ladyfan

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Not trolling anything for example say you're a bruins fan on the west coast you have to watch every game at 4:00 p.m. and on the weekends at 10:00 a.m. it's ridiculous
8:30 is fine why do you think they start the NBA finals at 8:30 in Boston

If you're bruin fan living on the west coast you have to watch games at 4:00 p.m. that's crazy
Must kill you that the NFL starts games at 1:00 Eastern.

• Haha
Reactions: bbfan419

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Most of the STH I know (and I know quite a few) don't "go home, settle down and have dinner" on a home game night. They leave from work and drive in to the game. These same folks have to drive home (or take public transportation) after the game. Also getting up the next morning for work isn't always easy even when the games start at 7.

Finals at 8 pm (more likely 8:15-8:30) are tough especially if they go into OT.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Most of the STH I know (and I know quite a few) don't "go home, settle down and have dinner" on a home game night. They leave from work and drive in to the game. These same folks have to drive home (or take public transportation) after the game. Also getting up the next morning for work isn't always easy even when the games start at 7.

Finals at 8 pm (more likely 8:15-8:30) are tough especially if they go into OT.
When I was younger 8 PM was the start time but in the early 50s the Bruins would not start on Sunday nights until 10 PM as they did not want to compete against Ed Sullivan.

The T used to run 24 hours a day until the state took it over in 1964.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad