GDT: 2024-25 season game 9 LA Kings vs Utah Hockey Club @1:00pm 10/26/24

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Playing perfect black hole hockey: beat the bums lose to the contenders.. WC2 or a just miss. Picking > 15th in the draft... Legacy moves us to "right there"
'We Are All Kings'...just self appointed ones in third world banana republics. Not so Royal...or powerful...or feared. Ripe to be dethroned at the slightest of uprisings.
translation: The Kings are weak and at best an 8th seed team. Forwards 9,12,22,24,55 needing much more. DD needed to be back by mid DEC and at 23-24 level....or this team is not getting out of round 1 playoffs, unless some players rising above the norm. (only Turc, Laf and Clarke have done that so far and was not expecting that, so much)

Last edited:
Reactions: AbsentMojo

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
It will curb his deference to others tendencies. Why pass to stone hands?
One of the things Byfield hasn't learned yet (possibly delayed from spending multiple seasons in the bottom 6) is zone entry allowing for a better shot.

He's not showing a lot of confidence in his shot, and (from what I remember) he didn't enter at an angle that would have allowed it.

Even if he was by himself, the best he was going to get was a short-side backhand. Trevor Lewis would have been a better option.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020

"""On if he is losing patience with Kevin Fiala
I’m not going to talk a lot about Kevin. We did get the two points, which was, I think, the most important part of the afternoon. We played extremely hard, checked extremely hard, and I think that’s more important than Kevin right now"""

Honestly, Kevin does not gel with anyone and he may never. He was looking best with Danault and Moore, but they are both not playing their best. He should probably play LW1 and just let him play there...or why not try Byfield Turcotte Fiala and see how that works.

Looking at his contract, (7.875 cap) he is in yr 3 of 7 and his NMC is full and becomes 10 team no trade list, years 5-7. https://puckpedia.com/player/kevin-fiala

If he would add the 10 team list now, for a deal...would consider exploring, if they are not going to live with his shortcomings. I do think the first penalty was a joke and the second one, looked just so so and I couldn't believe his stick broke. Not making excuses, he needs to be more disciplined. If they are going to jerk him around and try to protect him in the lineup...it's not going to work. He needs to play and play with confidence and not worry about making errors. I don't think contenders would want him, but see teams like Ott, Det, TB, Isl, possibly Chi taking a chance on him. Not that he has some of those on his NMC. I still think the Kings could get a good return...but would have to take back at least 6 Mil contract(s)

Reactions: tigermask48

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
'We Are All Kings'...just self appointed ones in third world banana republics. Not so Royal...or powerful...or feared. Ripe to be dethroned at the slightest of uprisings.
translation: The Kings are weak and at best an 8th seed team. Forwards 9,12,22,24,55 needing much more. DD needed to be back by mid DEC and at 23-24 level....or this team is not getting out of round 1 playoffs, unless some players rising above the norm. (only Turc, Laf and Clarke have done that so far and was not expecting that, so much)
Agree with those 3 standing out - everyone else fairly mediocre. I thought QB would take a step, but he's done this before - sort of disappeared for awhile. maybe he'll be like JT Miller or TNT and not get to point-per-game til he's 26... so doesnt look like anyone can take the team to another level. DD coming back helps the defense but hurts the offense that Clarke is bringing. The problem is that there is only 1 line that clicks (Turcs). 12,24,22 looks sus, and Kopi's line is not close to a #1. Basically there's 1 2nd line, 2 3rd lines and a 4th line... I think the lines as they are now, are the best they can be. So I dont see much hope.. 8th seed is the high bar for this crew and that assumes Kuemper plays well.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

"""On if he is losing patience with Kevin Fiala
I’m not going to talk a lot about Kevin. We did get the two points, which was, I think, the most important part of the afternoon. We played extremely hard, checked extremely hard, and I think that’s more important than Kevin right now"""

Honestly, Kevin does not gel with anyone and he may never. He was looking best with Danault and Moore, but they are both not playing their best. He should probably play LW1 and just let him play there...or why not try Byfield Turcotte Fiala and see how that works.

Looking at his contract, (7.875 cap) he is in yr 3 of 7 and his NMC is full and becomes 10 team no trade list, years 5-7. https://puckpedia.com/player/kevin-fiala

If he would add the 10 team list now, for a deal...would consider exploring, if they are not going to live with his shortcomings. I do think the first penalty was a joke and the second one, looked just so so and I couldn't believe his stick broke. Not making excuses, he needs to be more disciplined. If they are going to jerk him around and try to protect him in the lineup...it's not going to work. He needs to play and play with confidence and not worry about making errors. I don't think contenders would want him, but see teams like Ott, Det, TB, Isl, possibly Chi taking a chance on him. Not that he has some of those on his NMC. I still think the Kings could get a good return...but would have to take back at least 6 Mil contract(s)

BYf and Fia work well together , that's why the get put together 4 on 4 at times.

Need to find the right 3rd wheel.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Great win! Don't know how long King's can get by on guys like Foegele & Munsond having multiple goals games.

Glad King's got tougher over the summer. :huh:

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Lee made a really nice pass to Turcotte and he got a decent shot off. Other than that play, Lee has not been spectacular last 2 games. If they won't scratch Lewis for Akil, then sit Lee and give Akil a chance. I would be a little surprised if they sat Fiala for Akil....but you never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad