GDT: 2024-25 season game 8 LA Kings vs san Jose Sharks @7:30pm 10/24/24

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Just when you think QB will take another step.. he doesnt. Dude cant finish. he was known as a good shooter in the O.. maybe he grew out of his shooting and needs to refine that skill

Reactions: ru4reals

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
To me he's going backwards offensively with Hiller as coach.
Hiller is garbage coach - pretty obvious to me even last season playing JAD and Lewis on the 3rd line and leaving Thomas and Turcotte on the 4th. Now he's sinking Thomas in favor of what? Dude is bad for young players. Edit: also I think QB is sensitive and it didnt help him not being on PP1.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
To me Byfield needs to be playing Center and not Wing. He's thinking too much and not taking over the game with his high skill set.
Part of it is his personality. He defers too much.. but that also makes him very responsible.. where a kid like Clarke is more like f*** it im going for it dont care teh consequences

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Part of it is his personality. He defers too much.. but that also makes him very responsible.. where a kid like Clarke is more like f*** it im going for it dont care teh consequences
That supports what I was saying. Byfield is thinking too much. Clarke reacts to the game and plays aggressive. Byfield is playing too conservative at times. Byfield can be an 80 points per season player, but he has to be more aggressive. It doesn''t help with the dumb system Hiller has in place.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
One last thing. How can your top offensive players excel when you have a coach that is over coaching changing the lines. If the coach doesn't allow players to stick together, then how in the h3ll are they supposed develop chemistry?!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
You can get away with those last 2 periods against the Sharks. You can't get away with that against the Oilers.

If you want to be political about it, they've gotten 10 points out of a possible 16 after a 7 game road trip to start the season with no Doughty, which all things considered isn't bad.

But there's a lot things to be concerned about. Special teams? Terrible. Only 1 line seems to be clicking. Faceoffs are consistently bad. Goaltending is suspect right now. Our up and coming defenseman is having growing pains.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
One last thing. How can your top offensive players excel when you have a coach that is over coaching changing the lines. If the coach doesn't allow players to stick together, then how in the h3ll are they supposed develop chemistry?!
I like the line juggle he did after Ottawa... Leave it how it is now. Turcotte for sure needed a promotion.. and putting him with Laf to me was perfect.. They run at the same speed and Turc thinks the game and Laf skates and shoots... that 3rd line is the best line by far of all the lines since game 1. The only downside is QB not getting reps at center but thats not that big a deal since Kopi rarely is on the rush he can still carry the puck a lot.. just wont be working on his defensive assignment down low as a center.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
That supports what I was saying. Byfield is thinking too much. Clarke reacts to the game and plays aggressive. Byfield is playing too conservative at times. Byfield can be an 80 points per season player, but he has to be more aggressive. It doesn''t help with the dumb system Hiller has in place.
When Byfield plays with Kopitar he always defers to Kopitar instead of taking the reins like he does on his own line (like we saw in this preseason). If management wants him at Center and says he's a Center than he needs to play Center. It does nothing for his development if he plays wing. They will just hurt his game like they have done time and time again with the prospects.

Kopitar is a 3C at this point in his career. He needs to have way less ice time to keep him going later in the season.

Raccoon Jesus

We were right there
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well, first period was nice.

Rest of it is where you miss an experienced coach like Sutter, he'd be cutting throats on the bench for taking the foot off the gas

And special teams, oy

I expect RJ to have an apology for laferriere

For what? I was very careful to say he's excellent in the middle six but his past play hadn't 'earned' him the top of the lineup and PP1 by default, particularly when you have skilled offensive guys that can't even get into the lineup, never mind onto PP2!

He's killing it exactly where I thought he should be and found chemistry with similar players. I'm stoked that he's finding himself and feeling it.

Can someone move a dumpster in front of Lewis door before next game so he can’t leave the house.

See someone could but they might get confused and move lewis in front of the door

Reactions: AbsentMojo

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Special teams? Terrible. Only 1 line seems to be clicking. Faceoffs are consistently bad. Goaltending is suspect right now. Our up and coming defenseman is having growing pains.
And most of our quality established players like Danault, Moore, Fiala, Kempe, Kopitar look ineffectual.

None of this matters though. We knew this team wasn't great.

The frustrating part is they have no organizational direction. That's what makes it hard for me as fan.

We're not contending, but we're also not rebuilding. What are we doing? We're just moving sideways.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
This team is terrible! Undisciplined. Not skilled. Complacent.

LA is a bottom 5-10 team right now.
Nah, they’re smack dab in the mushy middle, 14-18 range, just where Blake and Luc want them to be. Getting blown away by good teams and getting uninspiring wins against bad teams is this club’s M.O.

It’s hard to think of another team right now that has such a narrow floor to ceiling range of possibilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad