May 10, 2021
1729813511434.jpeg

Let's Go!

Reactions: Surf Nutz

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
They should win tonight. And if they do that easily, it means nothing beyond getting 2 points. If the game is competitive, it more early evidence that the moves made by management are more deserving of skepticism than confidence.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
So Copley was sent back to the Ontario Reign with Kuemper healthy enough to play again. This bothers me even more so with Hiller's decision making. Instead of letting Rittich get lit up with 6 goals and ruffle his confidence a bit, Copley should have been inserted during the 6-1 loss to Vegas. You get two birds with one stone so to speak. Rittich doesn't have to endure so much getting goal shellacked in the game, and Copley gets some NHL game action again. It could have been a smaller win/win situation within the big loss.

Now the worst case scenario could unfold. What if Rittich continues his not so good goaltending and they want to give Copley a try backing up Kuemper. Copley is a good teammate and a humble person, but at the same time he could be thinking, "does the coach even trust me enough?"

One last thing. Hiller not playing Copley at all shows a lack of respect. Copley saved the Kings season 2 years ago, so I think teammates have confidence and believe in Copley. I don't know about you all, but I feel Hiller is damaging his relationship/respect with parts of the roster.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
They should win tonight. And if they do that easily, it means nothing beyond getting 2 points. If the game is competitive, it more early evidence that the moves made by management are more deserving of skepticism than confidence.
I hope I'm wrong, as this feels to me like a trap game. Kings have been on the road for 7 games and now get their first home game of the season. The Sharks are starving for their first win of the season. When a team goes on a long road trip, that first home game back can be a challenge.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I hope I'm wrong, as this feels to me like a trap game. Kings have been on the road for 7 games and now get their first home game of the season. The Sharks are starving for their first win of the season. When a team goes on a long road trip, that first home game back can be a challenge.
Home opener is never a trap game. Normally those would be special circumstances, but not for tonight IMO.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
This feels like a game where the Kings are going to look pretty not-great but still end up with a 3-1 win because of the quality of opponent. Basically what we’ve seen since January of last season.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Well this is a bit different than a typical road trip.. after the MTL game they came home and slept in their own beds and then played in Anaheim.. followed by one off roadie to VGK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad