GDT: 2024-25 season game 7 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @8:00pm 10/22/24

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I think I can skate better than Brandt Clarke. Please please no more kids who can't skate. LOL

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
This season may turn ugly, gonna be a long year. Gotta take the little victories through the likes of small glimmers of Byfield, Turcotte, and Clarke.
Yea may be brutal. Feels like soon enough we will start having threads for tanking, selling at the deadline, firing Bluc etc…

Reactions: AbsentMojo

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Next 3 are SJ, Utah, SJ. I’ll probably skip watching them. Maybe not the Utah one, but definitely the SJ ones. If they win, who cares. If they lose, pretty much the same.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Thankfully it's finally over. We got steamrolled playing at 10am in the morning and now we get b*tch slapped late in the evening. How many more of these games do we have left? Brutal.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
huh? Did we watch the same game?
No I haven't watched a min tonight. What I can tell you, it's not right for the coach to allow the team to play bad and let their goalie get lit up 6 times in a game! Sometimes you change the goalie even if the goals on the starter were not his fault! Bottom line Hiller does not know how to change things up when his team is not playing well.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Hiller should have sat Lewis and any of the players that were already feeling the effects of a long road trip to start the season.

Akil Thomas is hungry and even Caleb Jones and Kyle Burroughs could have been inserted into the lineup to provide some fresh bodies. All 3 also sat last game against The Sucks.

Clarke was -3 tonight. Ouch.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
If the plan tonight was play tight defense and don’t lose 6-1 it would have been worse and we would have lost 11-0. These guys can’t execute shit! This is the wprst D corpse I have seen in God knows how long. It’s still dog shit with Doughty! Clarke has 2 awesome nhl skills but lacks 6 base skills an nhl defender has. We are cooked!

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
If the plan tonight was play tight defense and don’t lose 6-1 it would have been worse and we would have lost 11-0. These guys can’t execute shit! This is the wprst D corpse I have seen in God knows how long. It’s still dog shit with Doughty! Clarke has 2 awesome nhl skills but lacks 6 base skills an nhl defender has. We are cooked!
Was the highlighted on purpose? As for the season, Hiller has about the same credentials as Willy D for expert tank commander... The right move would be to shed assets and start the rebuild now - like tomorrow. Drew wont complain he's in a cast. Kopi will go along with anything. Do it.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I just took a look at the 6 goals given up by Rittich. He did not have a good game at all! Team did not play well and it looked liked some players didn't care.

- 1st goal bad rebounds by Rittich and the his players in front not helping him.
- 2nd goal looked like a double tip, but Rittich was almost half way deep in his crease that started as a long shot! If he is on top of his crease, then 2nd tip might not even happen.
- 3rd goal, poor rebound by Rittich. He has to blocker that rebound hard out since he couldn't coral the shot.
- 4th goal, Rittich set himself up to look bad. He goes behind the net to play the puck, but fires it around the boards in area where there was heavy fore-check/traffic. He's already out of position doesn't make the read of what is going on. All he had to do was reverse the puck on his backhand with a lot more open space, as there was a teammate on the other side who was open. Vegas had clogged the area where Rittich wanted to play the pluck. It just wasn't a heads up play from him.
- 5th goal, Rittich could have used some help but he's butterflying so low, he takes his vision away from himself. He's a big goalie, so I would say he needed to stay more upright in that situation.
- 6th goal, Rittich put some hard rebounds to the board I think twice but his teammates looked too stationary to win the puck. 3rd shot in that sequence he had no chance.

The Kings only goal, was a bit of a lucky one. Samsonov had a poor read on first hard shot that missed the net and bounced hard back out from the boards. He plays for his home team and should know those boards. So he already took himself out of position to play the rebound off the boards.

Absolutely, Copley should have been inserted no later then the 4th Vegas goal. I would have brought him earlier as Rittich was fighting shots tonight(meaning he wasn't handling some them clean and from his own accord). If Copley starts the next game, kind of dumb for Hiller to not let him get some goalie work in the 3rd when the game was out of hand. Hiller doesn't not know how to handle his goalies!

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I can’t even blame a single player. Everyone including limp dick Rittich sucked. Turcotte is the only one who looked good.
I thought Turcotte and Laferriere looked pretty good, but didn’t really see much of anything else

Was the highlighted on purpose? As for the season, Hiller has about the same credentials as Willy D for expert tank commander... The right move would be to shed assets and start the rebuild now - like tomorrow. Drew wont complain he's in a cast. Kopi will go along with anything. Do it.
And trade who? Not being facetious, who should we move?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad