GDT: 2024-25 season game 6 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @5:00pm 10/20/24

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Hiller did say QB will eventually be going back to center
Yeah, when Kopi retires in 5-7 years lol

Zegres early on seemed like a young, exciting/dynamic player. But every time i see him play the last 2 years, he's completely invisible to me.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Glad we don't have this clueless tool coaching:

He would be eaten alive in a major market.

I don't think anything he said was incorrect regarding his team's play or his read on LA's penalty kill.

Eric Stephens, on the other hand, is out of his league with both his elementary line of questioning and how he takes forever to deliver said questions. Every. Damn. Time.

This guy seems like a good dude trying to do well at his job but he offers nothing of importance at every turn.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
He's used to that view. Another dash goes on the board for him.

Zegras has always been allergic to playing defensive and has regressed on offense.

Not too mention his defective ADD personality.

This is the first season where Turcotte looks like potentially the better pick.

Alex has a great attitude about playing the game the right way and has shown his offensive chops.

It is kinda the surprise of the season, although not shocking.

I agree on Foegle offensively but he made some great defensive plays to give that line balance.

The guys are tired after the record roadie.

They need to elevate with the tougher opponents coming up like the Golden Injury Knights.

Not time to switch up the lines right now.

If they lose in an exposed manner against LVIR then maybe its time.

I am always nervous defensively with 3 young guns on 1 line.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Foegele really needs to step it up and start showing some production. There were times last night where he was arguably holding Turcotte and Laferriere back. I recall at least two plays in transition where they were looking to gain the zone with speed on the rush and Foegele just coughed the puck up to a defender and killed the play. He doesn't need to be amazing but the results need to get better.

The good news is the Kings have some other intriguing options to pair with Turcotte / Laferriere if Foegele doesn't work out.
Byfield - Turcotte - Laferriere​
Fiala - Turcotte - Laferriere​
Moore - Turcotte - Laferriere​

Those two are such a massive bright spot for the Kings right now - the sudden emergence of a new duo in Turc & Laf could be massive. They were buzzing again last night - Both just continue to generate chances and make plays.

I really feel like we're going to see the Kings start really buzzing soon, once the lines get sorted out a bit more. Fiala hasn't been producing 5 on 5. Moore and Danault essentially haven't been producing at all. Byfield off to a cold start. Foegele not producing at all. Chances are, many/all of these guys start to turn it around soon.

If Foegele continues to struggle (for another game or two), I'd jumble up the lines again. Maybe playing with Kopitar/Kempe or Moore/Danault would finally click for the guy.
Have you pondered the possibility that Warren Foegele might not be a very productive player? He's played six full seasons and last season was the first time he has come close to a half a point per game player. If you're looking for Foegele to get on the scoreboard, well, keep looking I guess.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
LA plays a bad game against a bad team and wins, why am I torn between Yea for the win and Damm they looked bad. (LA in second place-tied with Seattle- behind the Flames) 3-1-2 so far on the road trip.

Reactions: Schrute farms

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Laferriere looks like a solid 3rd round steal for you guys. Stepping his game up even more this season.
I am a huge Laferriere fan and I said as much last year. I think the PLD effect kinda hurt him last year, not to mention he was a rookie. He's got the skills, size and chops to be an effective player in this league.

Have you pondered the possibility that Warren Foegele might not be a very productive player? He's played six full seasons and last season was the first time he has come close to a half a point per game player. If you're looking for Foegele to get on the scoreboard, well, keep looking I guess.
Last season was a bit of an outlier for him. I'd expect him to be in the 20-30 point range every year. Good thing we have other guys who are stepping up.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Foegele really needs to step it up and start showing some production. There were times last night where he was arguably holding Turcotte and Laferriere back. I recall at least two plays in transition where they were looking to gain the zone with speed on the rush and Foegele just coughed the puck up to a defender and killed the play. He doesn't need to be amazing but the results need to get better.

The good news is the Kings have some other intriguing options to pair with Turcotte / Laferriere if Foegele doesn't work out.
Byfield - Turcotte - Laferriere​
Fiala - Turcotte - Laferriere​
Moore - Turcotte - Laferriere​

Those two are such a massive bright spot for the Kings right now - the sudden emergence of a new duo in Turc & Laf could be massive. They were buzzing again last night - Both just continue to generate chances and make plays.

I really feel like we're going to see the Kings start really buzzing soon, once the lines get sorted out a bit more. Fiala hasn't been producing 5 on 5. Moore and Danault essentially haven't been producing at all. Byfield off to a cold start. Foegele not producing at all. Chances are, many/all of these guys start to turn it around soon.

If Foegele continues to struggle (for another game or two), I'd jumble up the lines again. Maybe playing with Kopitar/Kempe or Moore/Danault would finally click for the guy.
Foegele been fine. He has elevated the PK and his speed helps overall game fatigue of the opposition. They have played 6 straight road games to start with one more to go. Let's wait after 20 games to determine what we are working with.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
3-1-2

I guess the dream scenario of the team completely falling apart and collapsing probably isn't going to happen :/

In the black hole we remain.

Hiller is now 24-13-3 as an NHL head coach.

• Haha

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
3-1-2

I guess the dream scenario of the team completely falling apart and collapsing probably isn't going to happen :/

In the black hole we remain.

Hiller is now 24-13-3 as an NHL head coach.
I dont mind Hiller at all. He is not stubborn and compared to most coaches he makes more adjustments on the fly.
Plus hes given young players chances all over the lineup.
Still waiting on him to put his mark on the teams identity right now though as it doesnt seem clear. The team toughness they talked about this summer doesnt appear to stick and they are too loose defensively if they just try to play uptempo and attack.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I'm not one to stick up for this franchise but in fairness to Hiller and the team any adjustments/learning they need to do is next to impossible when you're on the road for what, 3 weeks?

I'd expect the identity to coalesce after the home opener.
Last night sure looked like a team putting all its emphasis on playing to structure over chasing offense. Good to see after the free for alls in Ontario.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I dont mind Hiller at all. He is not stubborn and compared to most coaches he makes more adjustments on the fly.
Plus hes given young players chances all over the lineup.
Still waiting on him to put his mark on the teams identity right now though as it doesnt seem clear. The team toughness they talked about this summer doesnt appear to stick and they are too loose defensively if they just try to play uptempo and attack.
Keeping an eye on Hiller. He kept JAD in the game until he was lost to waivers. Changed up the PK from last year, but then had enough brains to change it back. He doesn't have the team consistently finishing checks.

The '12 team finished every check, except Carter who kept getting boarding penalties. This drew penalities, got players out of position chasing hits, & created opportunities when a defender fell down creating two on ones.

Hitting is the most important part of the season if we want to get past Edmonton. Every year the Oilers go untill 97 gets worn out. If King's want to get by them, they need to wear him down during the season.

Reactions: Schmooley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad